Wanted to see 500 WHP Mazdas? HiBoost Mazda 3 makes 496 at 20 psi

We managed to make a 3.5 MAF sensor housing to test the car at more boost. Well the results are great. 496 WHP out of the 2.3 duractec motor with Gt35R Ball bearing turbo. It is laggier than the IHI, but, WOW it flows.

I was looking for 450 whp, but I was surprised myself. I wanted to boost 24 psi but right at 20 psi the Maf sensor was throwing me again into limp mode. I will make a 3.75 ID MAF sensor housing to try to make it above 500. This was on 3 inch exhaust, Haltech F10X ECU, 96 lb/hr ibjectors, pauter rods and wiseco 8.5 to 1 CR. Head is still stock but valves, springs and retainers are on my way.

I am also running our new manifold with external wastegate port and Garrett/IHI flange.

Here is the Dyno sheet..

Mz3500whp.jpg

Picture of turbo in engine...

Big%20Boost%20Mazda%203%20turbo.JPG

And Video...

http://www.msprotege.com/members/HiBoost%20TS/Mazda%203%20496%20WHP%20at%2020%20psi.wmv

Last edited:
i understand making big hp for advertising purposes but that powerband is almost bad as a 1000hp supra. I mean that car is just a dyno queen, with that kinda lag on the streets its useless unless you're at the track with slicks.

03MzdSpdSTP said:
i understand making big hp for advertising purposes but that powerband is almost bad as a 1000hp supra. I mean that car is just a dyno queen, with that kinda lag on the streets its useless unless you're at the track with slicks.

Is it bad for you to get 150 WHP at 4000 rpms when the stock motor will only put 135 at 7200 rpms? Actually it is laggier than the IHI but very streetable.
This is all tests we do to offer alternatives. But we could go with a 0.63 Turbine housing and get the boost around 600 RPMs earlier.

Wow that is a very nice curve. I love that Duratec MZR!

So what mods does it have internally? They have some pretty good stuff comming out for this engine...including cosworth heads.

Hiboost...fab up some motor mounts for a swap into a Protege ;) Maybe one day. I love the look of the MSP but I love the performance of the 3.

HiBoost TS said:
Is it bad for you to get 150 WHP at 4000 rpms when the stock motor will only put 135 at 7200 rpms? Actually it is laggier than the IHI but very streetable.
This is all tests we do to offer alternatives. But we could go with a 0.63 Turbine housing and get the boost around 600 RPMs earlier.

I love logical responses to idiotic statements. Great work Juan and Co.

To get that much power out of a 4banger still amazes me. That is great work. I cant wait until you get it all worked out and all. When do you plane on taking it to the track?

Back