Want to get fuel Mods.Need Advise

mspeed555

Potential Scammer!
I was looking at getting the fuel mods out of the way. Like pump,rail, injectors. If you guys/girls could tell me what kinds of products we can put in and where to buy them also whats needed to install make the install go smoothly. A little more info: I have 204whp 196flbs tq, As for mods: Fmic,Cai,Mbc@ (8-10psi)3"dp back catless exhaust, Split Second Afc(Dsm convert's)

Thanks, PeterS

Last edited:
a pump isnt too necessary. many people are running 440cc injectors with stock pumps, but fuel mods are really pointless unless you need more fuel (running high hp?) or have a standalone/piggyback

bestmazda01 said:
a pump isnt too necessary. many people are running 440cc injectors with stock pumps, but fuel mods are really pointless unless you need more fuel (running high hp?) or have a standalone/piggyback

I edited my thread

Last edited:
The stock system is plenty if you add xtra injectors, then you will have plenty of fuel for over 330whp. You will need something to control them though, that's where an EMS comes into play that can control them. If your AFC can control xtra injectors, then do that and save some cost.

if you're set on getting a pump, search for walbro fuel pump. An in-tank from a miata fits perfectly, I have it in my big-boost MSP. Works nice and whines:) it's pretty cool. People are like what in the hell is that noise? (burnout)

i don't care what kind of EMS you have or how many injectors or what size they are. the stock fuel pump has been proven weak time and again by many, and its a problem even mazda acknowledges. the same pump is in the miata and has been updated/replaced under a TSB in the past for premature failure. i would upgrade to the walbro regardless of what method of fuel management you choose to go with.

I guess you can go with MAM stage 1 ,2 or 3 fuel upgrades, depending what your goals are. I guess just check their site out and see which stage is best for your application and your goals.

http://**************************.c...23_38&osCsid=52977d9da8d8542f574953fcda3a4c08

Back