Universal Vertical Door Kit

lokalmotive said:
Just thinking about doing vertical doors down the road some and wanted to see what was available now and compare it to what is available when (and if) I decide to purchase them. I saw this "universal" kit and wanted to see if anyone had any experience with something of this nature and if it truly was "universal".

http://www.andysautosport.com/mazda...terior/vertical_doors/glide/glid00025456.html

For just the front doors or all 4? I think it looks sweet especially on a coupe but I'd never thought about something like this on a 4-door.

you should just go suicide back doors or do the dolorean style doors on all 4!

i think 4 gull wing doors would look pretty different if you are going that route...personally Im not a big fan of messing with the doors at all though...specially not on a 4 door.

eddienyny said:
For just the front doors or all 4? I think it looks sweet especially on a coupe but I'd never thought about something like this on a 4-door.

This is just for the front.

crashkelly said:
you should just go suicide back doors or do the dolorean style doors on all 4!

That was my thought. If I do anything I'd do lambo up front and suicide in the back. I think it'd look pretty good.

Mr. Win said:
Seriously stop reading super street.

Actually it was Modified. Thanks for the tip tho. I'll be sure to keep everyone else's opinion in mind when I'm working on MY car.

Rotus8 said:

I think we have an Autoloc fan. :) haha. Thanks for the links. I thought about doing the flip flop trunk when I had the MSP and was planning on putting some sound in the trunk but traded out of it before going to that level. I don't know if I'd do anything with the hatch or hood. The only thing I'd really like to change about the hatch is get that damned ugly wiper off of it to smooth it out some. I just gotta figure out how to plug the hole it'll leave without lookin all rigged up.

I'm sure everyone's doors worked fine before installing suicide, vertical, or any other kind of door that has done this before. Anyhow.... It doesn't matter. If I decide to do it then it will be on my own accord and I will be the sole bearer of my decision so it doesn't matter either way.

so seriously i think its time to bring back the gull wing style(or is it gold wing?) With gulls on all four doors your car could fly!

Every time I see a car with doors that open other than how they came I say.

"What a ******* Homo"

Extra Weight
Extra Pain in the Ass to get in and out
Extra HOMO Factor

Three negatives that come to mind easily.

Brian MP5T said:
Every time I see a car with doors that open other than how they came I say.

"What a ******* Homo"

Extra Weight
Extra Pain in the Ass to get in and out
Extra HOMO Factor

Three negatives that come to mind easily.

(stfu)

I'm glad to have seen this forum go from such a great place to find info and ask questions that people actually cared about answering and tried to help each other out to a place where there's always a few people that have to throw in their useless opinions on what another person should do with a car THEY are paying for and that THEY want to mod the way THEY want it modded. If I had asked for opinions on vertical doors maybe these type of responses could be warranted but since I believe my original post was just asking for info on the validity of a "universal" vertical door kit, then I don't see where they can be valid to the topic. It seems I have this all backwards tho. It seems this forum is a place for these few people to talk about how "homo" they find everything and post just to bump their post count to look more "reputable" in this community. Wow!! How could I have ever been so nieve to believe that I could actually get some help on a topic I had questions about??? (hand) Sounds like I should just start posting for no reason and let everyone know what I think when I have absolutely NO desire to help them in their quest of building the car they would like to own.

NOTE: This post does not apply to all that have or tried to answer my question with a helpful and valid response.

Last edited:
Calm down. You seriously think that you would get a positive response on this subject? If you did you are mistaken. Also you said you didnt care about what others said. Well if this was really true then dont get defensive when he/she knocks what you are thinking about doing. Pesonally I think the door kits are lame. But my opinion should not matter to you........so just get over it.

lokalmotive said:
I had questions about??? (hand) Sounds like I should just start posting for no reason and let everyone know what I think when I have absolutely NO desire to help them in their quest of building the car they would like to own.

NOTE: This post does not apply to all that have or tried to answer my question with a helpful and valid response.
I am reputable in this forum. We used to modify the s*** out of our cars, make them do fantastic things, push them till they would break and then fix them better. Tuning, no putting on Floppy Doors.

IF YOU HAVE TO ASK WEATHER OR NOT YOU SHOULD DO SOMETHING, THE ANSWER IS ALWAYS NO, ****

As was already stated, you will only get a positive reaction from the people who already have vertical doors. Everyone else thinks like me, they are just to nice and don't want to hurt your feelings.

I have never worried about feelings. I truly feel that you will be happy for 1 month and then wish you had never done it.

Shopping Center Parking Lots will piss you and your GF/Wife every time you go.
Kids will make fun of you
Ricers will want to be you.
Grandpeople will stop and say, "When I was your age the doors didn't break off"

I dont know why all this bashing is going on... all was asked was if there were any products out there about this. Ill admit...Im not a fan of lambo doors or anything like that. They tend to be to floppy and really awkward getting in & out of the car. But thats all it is... is opinion. If you want them and want to spend the money getting them done and everything... I say go for it. From what has been posted... you'd be the one and only speed3 with lambo doors on the fronts and suicides on the backs. Which is the best combination besides stock in my opinion. I wouldnt recommend this set.. just cause it looks cheap and prolly is cheap... Universal pretty much means... 50% bolt on and 50% weld on. Plus if your gonna get lambo doors and spend all that money on this conversion...might as well get a good kit. Cause 9 times outta 10 with "Universal kits" you are going to have to mess with the fenders and maybe even how the door seals and fits with the hinges on and everything.

D_Roc7822 said:
I dont know why all this bashing is going on... all was asked was if there were any products out there about this. Ill admit...Im not a fan of lambo doors or anything like that. They tend to be to floppy and really awkward getting in & out of the car. But thats all it is... is opinion. If you want them and want to spend the money getting them done and everything... I say go for it. From what has been posted... you'd be the one and only speed3 with lambo doors on the fronts and suicides on the backs. Which is the best combination besides stock in my opinion. I wouldnt recommend this set.. just cause it looks cheap and prolly is cheap... Universal pretty much means... 50% bolt on and 50% weld on. Plus if your gonna get lambo doors and spend all that money on this conversion...might as well get a good kit. Cause 9 times outta 10 with "Universal kits" you are going to have to mess with the fenders and maybe even how the door seals and fits with the hinges on and everything.

This is the kind of member I'm used to!!! Thanks for the good info! I appreciate it. As far as everything else that has been said.... I'm not upset that people are giving their opinions. That's what we as people in this world are entitled to given our different levels of thought processes. I've just been kinda wondering what happened to how this community was 3 years ago when I first joined under a different username when everyone was there for each other for support and not bashing the ideas of a fellow Mazdas247.com member. That's what really got under my skin and made me say the things I have. Brian... As far as your reputation in this community, I am well aware of it and have had the privelege of reading many of your posts and gaining knowledge from them throughout the past few years here. I just don't like to see a bad attitude among people that share a common ground. That's what we're here for. Not to piss on or piss off each other but to help each other in the quest of what we want for our cars and this community.

i have to say that i agree with brian on this one. I think that lambo doors on a 4 door car looks ridiculous and suicide doors only belong on hot rods or classic cars. Modifying the doors on the ms3 will make it look cheap. But thats how I feel for MY car, if you would like to ruin a perfectly good car, that is your perogative and i wish you luck...

as for universal kits, I personally dont like to use parts that arent engineered specificly for my car. Im not saying you cant find quality parts, but the install is going to be more of a challenge and you run the risk of things not fitting just right.

Brian MP5T said:
Shopping Center Parking Lots will piss you and your GF/Wife every time you go.
Kids will make fun of you
Ricers will want to be you.
Grandpeople will stop and say, "When I was your age the doors didn't break off"
that is the first time in a long time and probably EVER that I will agree with you. But what he says is the truth...and the last one is funny as hell

lokalmotive said:
Brian... As far as your reputation in this community, I am well aware of it and have had the privelege of reading many of your posts and gaining knowledge from them throughout the past few years here. I just don't like to see a bad attitude among people that share a common ground. That's what we're here for. Not to piss on or piss off each other but to help each other in the quest of what we want for our cars and this community.

There was no personal hate directed towards any particular member of this forum who wants or has "Floppy Door Stage 3 Mod". Having said that, Opinions are cool, Get them if you want, I feel so strongly about this subject that I was truly compelled to prevent you from basically ******* up your car, If I were to just say " I don't think you should do it " you would have just done it and said, " **** Brian, I think they are super cool " now at least you have explored the entire gamut of the subject and are very aware of both how you will be seen when you open your silly floppy doors and also how "Awesome" the fit and quality of such things are. Even if you get the best kit out there, it will still "Ghetto Flop" it's simple Physics, there is a 50 Lb door that normally is supported by two huge fixed hinges... They are there for a reason, Replace them with one double movable hinge and there is Zero structure, plus you have to basically make a weekly semenar or info-mercial directed towards anyone who could ever ride in your car so they don't trash your car every time you give one a ride.

Back