unichip at 15.95 psi!!

mikeeeee

:
Mazdaspeed protege
ok guys i just got my replacement unichip and i installed everything perfectly.
I went to test drive it and when i floored it it seemed to go all the way to
1.10 bar (15.95 psi). after that i tried once more to see if itll go that high and it goes there again.
im kinda afraid to step on it again cause i dont want to blow my engine up or anything. so wut do you guys think?
you think since i have the unichip itll be safe to just run it with the boost that high?
wut do you think could be the problem?

Also my mods are Begi fmic, apex catless d/p, injen cai, plugs and wires, greddy type rs, unichip, factory flash, and more.

Another reason why I didn't like the unichip bc. Mine would fluctuate between 13-15 psi. Didn't seem to have much to do with the weather.
Is it safe? I don't know, but that's why I always used 100 octane when on high boost and why I didn't use it very much.
I still say use an aftermarket bc.
Good luck, hope it works out for you.

Be careful, Unichip or not the stock injectors CANNOT supply enough fuel for anything over 12 psi.

You will detonate and then bend or break a connecting rod.

Putting in 100 octane will help, but not enough.

Try hooking your wastegate back to stock, to eliminate the wastegate as a a souce of the problem.

Even without detonation that may be too much boost for the stock rods. It's impossible to control all conditions. But I would have to agree with the general stated consensus thus far that the boost is too high. What is actually "safe" is rather debatable overall.

i see.
i also have another problem now.
my car now seems to not have a spooling sound no more.
i can see the boost climbing as i push in the accel more but it goes up slowly without the spooling sound.
what could be the problem.
when im goin slow and let off i can hear a little turkey but i cant hear the turbo spooling

Check your wastegate.

mikeeeee said:
i see.
i also have another problem now.
my car now seems to not have a spooling sound no more.
i can see the boost climbing as i push in the accel more but it goes up slowly without the spooling sound.
what could be the problem.
when im goin slow and let off i can hear a little turkey but i cant hear the turbo spooling

mikeeeee said:
wut should i check for leaks and such?
Reconnect the wastgate as stock, no control from the unichip and see if you are still boosting high.

Your wastegate may be stuck.

What boost map were you running A/B? Were you using the Unichip supplied boost controller?

Back