Unexplainable Rattle in my Pro5

Well got my car back from the shop and the rattle is gone. They changed my spark plug wires and my spark plugs, also gave my car a full tune up (since I just passed 100K). Don't have all the info here but they replaced some components in my intake also. I'll look at the bill again when I get home.

What ever they did, the car is running AWESOME and the rattle is GONE....at least for now.

I'll most more details later. I know in my case it was not the heat shields. Mine were tight.

I have a similar rattle and it seems to come from the plastic piece that seals the body when the passenger door is open.

I had a friend open the door and push in on the piece while I rev'd the engine up to 3k and the rattle went away.

So, I dunno, another place to look for those of you with rattles.

I have a similar rattle and it seems to come from the plastic piece that seals the body when the passenger door is open.

I had a friend open the door and push in on the piece while I rev'd the engine up to 3k and the rattle went away.

So, I dunno, another place to look for those of you with rattles.

I think ours are coming from the engine bay.
Anyway, can you take a pic showing that plastic piece?

Hello boys and girls. GUESS WHAT CAME BACK!? "The Rattle"

After a complete tune-up, I thought that I was finally rid of that painfully annoying rattle/grind during acceleration at 2500 - 3200 RPM, but I was WRONG. I guess it's back to the ole drawing board....

My car is doing this as well. '02 Automatic, 110k miles. I'm pretty sure it is catalytic converter related. My previous car made this exact same noise and when I *finally* changed the catalytic converter at 340k miles (yikes!) the noise was gone. Anyone have range of cost to replace the catalytic converter on this car?? I hear it is expensive so I'm nervous as hell. (I've heard it is around $800, I think...which seems weird since it was $350 on my previous car.)

just go to your fav parts store online and look up part for auto and manual. i would be sure they would be the same. you could have a muffler shop install a generic cat to cut costs. and fragments in a cat can dissapear for bit if the pieces wedge temp from rattling around. just possibly also with it only happening with the car moving different frequencies in the body are generated.
very tough call sometimes to trace this stuff.
if u have every had a misfire and had to change the coil packs, this causes the primary cat to melt down very easily and send fragments through the exhaust

Back