Unacceptable Response From MAZDA USA

PJM

I own a 2009 MAZDA 6i Grand Touring 4cylinder.
It now has 7000 miles.

At around 3000 miles I noticed that at idle I would get a vibration in the steering wheel and the brake.
I took it to the Mazda Dealership, Quirk MAZDA on McGrath Highway in Quincy, Massachusetts immediately.They could find nothing wrong.

At 5100 miles the vibration problem remained and I took the car back to Quirk Mazda. They could not locate the problem but replaced a Thottle Body Gasket and the Front Disc Brake Plate which showed signs or rusting at that mileage.

At 5900 miles I brought my 2009 MAZDA 6 back for another oil change and told the service department that I was still getting that intemittent vibration at idle. They drove the car and could feel a slight vibration which they said might be part of the product and engine design of the car... since and I quote "it has an internal combustion engine which causes a minor explosion in the engine". Wow! What a revelation.

My car now has slightly over 7000 miles and the vibration continues.

Therefore I called MAZDA USA and spoke with a MAZDA Customer Service Rep named "Glynn". Nearly four weeks ago she told me that a regional MAZDA Service Representative would meet me at Quirk Mazda in Quincy, Massachusetts so that he could inspect and drive my car.

Tonight, I received a telephone call from the very same Glynn and was told that the Regional Service Representative had spoken with the Quirk Mazda Service Department and they told him the problem was too minor to be of concern. Therefore, the Regional MAZDA USA Service Representative would not bother to meet with me at Quirk MAZDA.

Today, as I was driving the car I could now feel the vibration in the seat at idle. That did not seem to matter to Glynn at MAZDA USA. She would not do anything.

At this point the Massachusetts Lemon Law comes into effect:

I brought my 2009 MAZDA 6 i Grand Touring back to Quirk Mazda on McGrath Highway in Quincy, Massachusetts the required 3 times to invoke the Massachusetts Lemon Law and they have not been able to fix the problem.
Therefore,I am considering filing under the Massachusetts Lemon Law which would require MAZDA and Quirk Mazda to give me a new car of equal value.

MAZDA USA has exhibited all the same arrogance of Toyota. Is this a Japs way of doing business.

If MAZDA thinks I am going to let this drop they have another thing coming.
' I have not begun to fight' . If Quirk Mazda on McGrath Highway in Quincy, Massachusetts wants me to drive around their dealership with a BRIGHT LEMON a top my car I will.

My next move tomorrow morning is to contact the Massachusetts Attorney General's Office and request the specific documents to enforce this states Lemon Law. Second, I will be calling friend in the broadcasting industry and local newspapers to spead the word about the arrogance of MAZDA USA.

Last edited:
file a complain at your local BBB.

or you could also get a pick up, park it in front of the dealership with tons of lemons in the back and with a large sign saying free lemon aid for every lemon purchased here. and give out lemon aids to people looking to buy a car there.

should stir something up and get your problems taken care of.

Are there any other Mazda dealers near you that you can try?

Sounds like a motor mount to me.

-Derrick

I don't think it's a "Japs" way of doing business. It's pretty common to get screwed by dealerships in general..

Lemon Laws dont usually pertain to minor or non Safety issues but does vary from state to state.

Read your fine print is all I can advise as you proceed.

Re: Other MAZDA Dealers

I was told by MAZDA USA not to bother going to other MAZDA dealerships because they would not help me.

At this point I WOULD NEVER RECOMMEND THAT ANYONE BUY A MAZDA PRODUCT IF THIS IS THE WAY THEY TREAT THEIR CUSTOMERS.

FIRST THING I WOULD DO IS FIRE "GLYNN". SHE SUCKS AS A CUSTOMER SERVICE REP.

I've been back 2-3 times for my seat belt that won't work. They fixed it the last time. Now it only gets stuck most of the time. I would just sell it and buy something else. If like the 6 get a speed, otherwise I don't see the point of buying one at all.

I was told by MAZDA USA not to bother going to other MAZDA dealerships because they would not help me.

At this point I WOULD NEVER RECOMMEND THAT ANYONE BUY A MAZDA PRODUCT IF THIS IS THE WAY THEY TREAT THEIR CUSTOMERS.

FIRST THING I WOULD DO IS FIRE "GLYNN". SHE SUCKS AS A CUSTOMER SERVICE REP.

thats one thing that I know Mazda definetly does, once you've been flagged, you're typically done. every once in a while you can find a dealer that doesn't care what Mazda USA says and does the work under the radar, but ultimately they are billing Mazda USA for the repairs (for warranty work)

Is This MAZDA"s Way Of Getting Back at US

for bombing Hiroshima where MAZDA Headquarters are located?

Never heard of such bad service.

They are certainly giving the Japanese a very bad name.

Well, since no one else did it, I will.

To indict the entire population of a country and invoke a jingoistic term is a not a proper response, in spite of what you feel has been poor customer service. Furthermore, it seems as though everyone you have dealt with to this point has been American (Quirk, Glynn, MazdaUSA), and your car was most likely built in Michigan, so it is somewhat illogical to come up swinging about the "Japs".

Try starting a thread about what you are experiencing, or do an internet search. It's probably a motor mount, like Derrick said. Take what you learn to a different dealership and see what that gets you.

Last edited:
I agree....Mazda NA has nothing to do with the Japanese...so OP you can cut that crap no
Well, since no one else did it, I will.

To indict the entire population of a country and invoke a jingoistic term is a not a proper response, in spite of what you feel has been poor customer service. Furthermore, it seems as though everyone you have dealt with to this point has been American (Quirk, Glynn, MazdaUSA), and your car was mostl likely built in Michigan, so it is somewhat illogical to come up swinging about the "Japs".

Try starting a thread about what you are experiencing, or do an internet search. It's probably a motor mount, like Derrick said. Take what you learn to a different dealership and see what that gets you.

I know where the cars are built :rolleyes: but your arguing with Mazda NA still has nothing to do with the Japanese...

Ya know, we can all feel vibrations in our cars at idle.

Hey, I'm invoking the lemon law because my my car's exhaust makes noise and they haven't been able to find a problem. (silly)

Calm down man, this is a simple issue.

Let's get some things straight;

- Your car was built at AutoAlliance (AAI) in Flat Rock, MI, by UAW workers.
- You are being extremely close minded regarding the issue when the simplest solution is to try another dealer. Your 'situation' is not something they're going to flag you and deny repair work for. Furthermore, 'vibration' is a very vague description. You should probably go into more detail of your situation before attacking 'the japs' for a lapse in build quality or faulty component. I happen to know that the car is designed and much of the engineering is done in, get this, the USA.

Please, do yourself a favor, take the car to another local dealer, and don't mention any of your previous issues. See what they tell you. Go in the car with them and point out the issue.

Perhaps, It Was Not Obvious That I Was Using

Hypebole in my national origin attack on MAZDA.
Still, one can see and read of the Japanese automakers stubboness to admit any mistakes until they are forced to as in the TOYOTA fiasco.

I went to MAZDA USA with a positive attitude but you could tell by the approach of their customer service people they were in a stall as long as you can mode.

This Glynn customer service person to whom I spoke promised that an Regional Mazda Rep would meet with me at the dealership. In reality he only called the Service Rep at Quirk Mazda and cut the customer out of the picture.

Going to take the car to my own mechanic I have used for years and have him look at it. Sometimes I think it is a transmission problem. The automatic shifting is sometimes laboring it seems to me and when I come to a stop it almost feels like it is downshifting after I have stopped.

I expect more from a new car. Am I wrong to expect that?

Hypebole in my national origin attack on MAZDA.
Still, one can see and read of the Japanese automakers stubboness to admit any mistakes until they are forced to as in the TOYOTA fiasco.

I went to MAZDA USA with a positive attitude but you could tell by the approach of their customer service people they were in a stall as long as you can mode.

This Glynn customer service person to whom I spoke promised that an Regional Mazda Rep would meet with me at the dealership. In reality he only called the Service Rep at Quirk Mazda and cut the customer out of the picture.

Going to take the car to my own mechanic I have used for years and have him look at it. Sometimes I think it is a transmission problem. The automatic shifting is sometimes laboring it seems to me and when I come to a stop it almost feels like it is downshifting after I have stopped.

I expect more from a new car. Am I wrong to expect that?

you are not wrong to expect more from a new car and someone needs to man up and fix the problem. BUT YOU NEED TO BE REASONABLE AS WELL! an i'm not implying that you are a pain in the ass customer. the dealer has a responsibility and so does mazda.

i see some info on vibration motor mount cooling fan driveline etc. the dealer should see this and inspect and advise. concerns are loose parts mostly. call mazda again and again ....they will give in believe me they do it all the time. even when i don't think they should.

Good Advice Murray

and would never use any ethnic slurs against them. Bad form I agree but they have very bad customer relations. Just found the name of the US President of MAZDA USA - Jim O'Sullivan of all things. So, I won't do any Irish joke either. Considering where I live I could hear the IRA knocking on my door... ;-)

all I have to say is.... I have owned 3 different Mazdas since 2004. All of them being 3 models, with the last two being MS3s and I have to say I LOVE THE "JAPS" or the UAW workers that have made my cars. I know the Speeds are made overseas and I haven't had any issues and will continue to buy a Mazda. Rock out with your Mazda out! ZOOM-ZOOM!!

Back