Turbo upgrades Mazdaspeed 6

well speed6's are quite different than the speed3's. We are only at 330ish with jasons car and a 3071r kit with tons of other s***.

Oh and how could you buy that ATP BCD

Last edited:
The GT2871R seems like a really great street turbo with its quick spool and decent top end. I am curious to hear results for anyone running this turbo. A lot of people are running these turbos on SRT4s, SR20DETs, and Audi A4s with good results.

Yes i am a noob to this site , and i would like to throw in my 2 cents about this turbo . i ran this turbo on a KA24DE ( 2.4l Duel overhead cams) and Wow i love it Spools really fast and WILL yes caps WILL be going onto my MS6 . Im waiting to hit 5000 mi on my MS6 then ill install the new turbo . I jsut wanted to break in the motor first ...... !!!!!!

Yes i am a noob to this site , and i would like to throw in my 2 cents about this turbo . i ran this turbo on a KA24DE ( 2.4l Duel overhead cams) and Wow i love it Spools really fast and WILL yes caps WILL be going onto my MS6 . Im waiting to hit 5000 mi on my MS6 then ill install the new turbo . I jsut wanted to break in the motor first ...... !!!!!!

zoom zoom boom.

pointless upgrade if people see 310whp on stock turbo?

not entirely garrett is a very strong and relible plus you can get a gt28 cheap like 9 bills plus also you can port the turbo and upgrade internal parts of the gt28 to flow even more plus it will spool extremely fast and hit peak boost quickly as well i would do it over the stock tubro because of the turbo seal issue

I'll be hitting atleast 310 once i get tuned after I get my meth injection installed.

How much horsepower are you making now and how much to you think your gonna make with meth? If your expecting more than 15-20whp your gonna be real dissapointed. I made 270 with every freakn mod you could get for this car on the stock turbo and didnt break 300 till the turbo upgrade.

oh s*** took that much to break the 300 point ??? wow how much was that up until your turbo upgrade ! ????

....my motor blew with bolt ons( CAI, CBE, test pipe, BOV), block cant take it. needs to be built to handle a bigger turbo along with a fuel upgrade. Just my .02 cents.

Was your motor covered under warranty with those mods?

Btw you can go to almost any car forum with all types of cars and find horror stories of stock or mildly modded cars with their engines blowing. This could be due to engine defects, bad maitenance, bad driving habits...

Was your motor covered under warranty with those mods?

Btw you can go to almost any car forum with all types of cars and find horror stories of stock or mildly modded cars with their engines blowing. This could be due to engine defects, bad maitenance, bad driving habits...

Welcome to the Mazda forums. It starts out looking like horror stories, then you realize it's reality. You should of been here for the Mazdaspeed Protege witch hunt.

Someone told me the speed6's have a hp controll where if u add hp to it then the motor has a chance of blowing fast. Now idk whether to believe him cuz mazda sells intakes for the car, but i want to believe him because he has a 8 second mustang and knows what hes taolken about. Anyone know whats up with this?

Someone told me the speed6's have a hp controll where if u add hp to it then the motor has a chance of blowing fast. Now idk whether to believe him cuz mazda sells intakes for the car, but i want to believe him because he has a 8 second mustang and knows what hes taolken about. Anyone know whats up with this?

Does he own a speed6? Cause Im proof thats bulls***.(spank)

Haha yeah i kinda figured. But guys I got a question. Im hearing a lot that uppng the power isn't good. I hear that upping the boost will blow the motor. I want to tune my car, so does anyone know if i up the boost woulld the motor blow?

i heard that the engine internals for this car are good for 420hp which translates to about 340awhp but we don't have enough fuel to support it.

Back