Turbo Rotary Mazda B2600i Minitruck Build!

^^^ Did you get the transmission rebuilt or is it just very clean? I cleaned/rebuilt mine but I'm always on the lookout for other options. Not a single "transmission shop" near me wanted to touch a 5-speed.

I actually just degreased the piss out of it and painted it. Looks amazing. Hopefully after a few flushes it will work fine. If not ill have it rebuilt when the truck comes apart for paint and powder.

I actually just degreased the piss out of it and painted it. Looks amazing. Hopefully after a few flushes it will work fine. If not ill have it rebuilt when the truck comes apart for paint and powder.

Gotcha. Mine turned out pretty similar :)

20130420_211715.jpg

What'd ya'll use for paint on those transmissions?

VHT high temperature engine paint (primer, paint, and clear) or whatever it is Autozone sells. Stuff is super thick and goes on nice and smooth. Aluminum parts are "aluminum" and steel parts are "stain black"

Nice, nice! When do you get to test fire?

I meant to ask earlier in the thread but I got distracted by the rest of the art work. Why the wide belt on the accessories?

Nice, nice! When do you get to test fire?

I meant to ask earlier in the thread but I got distracted by the rest of the art work. Why the wide belt on the accessories?

Still waiting on a few things. My intake manifold is getting polished and im not rushing anything. I have 90 days or so until its first show and i want it running and driving. I think its doable.

As for the big belt and pulleys-- its a Gilmer drive setup made by Xtreme Rotary. It's supposed to keep belt slip down, but i just think it looks cool as hell haha

Looks pretty wicked. For a split second I thought you had thrown a blower on as well because of the width of the belt. (boom07)

Idk how I missed this thread. Loving the gilmer drive belt. I love seeing rotaries placed in very different vehicles. Kinda like you are building a more modern REPU. Does the engine have any porting done to it? It looks great like a fresh rebuild. My RX7 is street ported. I have two spare 12As and I'm looking to get one rebuilt with a bridge port. I've also weighed dropping a 13BT into my '84. This build is very motivating. Makes me want to continue improving my RX7.

Idk how I missed this thread. Loving the gilmer drive belt. I love seeing rotaries placed in very different vehicles. Kinda like you are building a more modern REPU. Does the engine have any porting done to it? It looks great like a fresh rebuild. My RX7 is street ported. I have two spare 12As and I'm looking to get one rebuilt with a bridge port. I've also weighed dropping a 13BT into my '84. This build is very motivating. Makes me want to continue improving my RX7.

Im not sure, its been right here haha.

The engine was blueprinted and streetported by Chris Ludwig at Ludwig Motorsports. Damn near everything on this truck is brand new. Should be interesting in the next few weeks!

Im not sure, its been right here haha.

The engine was blueprinted and streetported by Chris Ludwig at Ludwig Motorsports. Damn near everything on this truck is brand new. Should be interesting in the next few weeks!

It does sound very interesting. Browsing the thread it did indeed seem most everything was new or fabricated. I hope it comes out great. I will be following this one. I wish I were I member on here when I was doing a lot and modding the RX7. I would've started a thread for it.

I can't believe how you can fit this much AWESOMNESS in one build. Every time I see the progress make it makes me happy and sad. Happy because its a bad ass build, and sad because mine is still in its dusty shell mode. But i can't wait to see this beaut up and running.

I can't believe how you can fit this much AWESOMNESS in one build. Every time I see the progress make it makes me happy and sad. Happy because its a bad ass build, and sad because mine is still in its dusty shell mode. But i can't wait to see this beaut up and running.

Haha. Thanks man. Gettin real close to running.

Love to see a video once it is running. Better still I want to hear that rotary come to life. Mine sounds like a chainsaw. Smokes like one too, but mostly just on startup. I premix 2 cycle for my rotary.

Love to see a video once it is running. Better still I want to hear that rotary come to life. Mine sounds like a chainsaw. Smokes like one too, but mostly just on startup. I premix 2 cycle for my rotary.

Oh im sure there will be tons of vids. I am premixing on mine also [emoji106]

Back