Turbo manifolds?

just out of curiousity why would you just stop makin them steedspeed? people would be willing to pay your price, not like there is anything else out there comparable or not. why not just keep the jigs around and make them as special order?

Last edited:
I asked that earlier on but deleted my post as it went unanswered. I have ZERO interest in tubular crap. But an original Steedspeed is another story. Just make the proven design. Sell/Share/Whatever and let the new guy take over if you are too busy with the diesel market. Without a doubt every one produced would sell. Look at the choices, custom, POS thunder or way overpriced Calloway.

just a weird thinking when you basically have monopoly on a market lol. the thunder just ISNT competition. the guys buying those will have to spend money fixing them later one. why not just buy the right one ONCE lol.
i kind of get it, money is tight for most people these days but the walmart mentality costs us all much more money lol.

im interested in seeing what comes of this, but i really do just want the billit thing that was all the rage only a few years ago.

just out of curiousity why would you just stop makin them steedspeed? people would be willing to pay your price, not like there is anything else out there comparable or not. why not just keep the jigs around and make them as special order?

I stopped making them because they were a lot of work and just not worth it to me for the small amount of profit in them. I'm one guy working alone and I have to pick my battles carefully. I am optimistic we can come up with something really good. I know why other manifolds break so I am confident I can design something that will last and be in a decent price point.

Yeah SteedSpeed guy, I'm down with you making some. I've got a cracked manifold right now and am looking for a good quality one.

I stopped making them because they were a lot of work and just not worth it to me for the small amount of profit in them. I'm one guy working alone and I have to pick my battles carefully. I am optimistic we can come up with something really good. I know why other manifolds break so I am confident I can design something that will last and be in a decent price point.

If you know why other manifolds break why did your some of your steedspeeds crack? JW not to poke or push a button. Really at this point you could make anything to probably make a profit since so many are actively looking for replacements.

The machinist told me too much material had been taken off leaving the a weak spot. He tried to weld the crack but there wasn't enough material he had to get a plate in order to plug the hole.
2hdb9sm.jpg

29em0xw.jpg

The machinist told me too much material had been taken off leaving the a weak spot. He tried to weld the crack but there wasn't enough material he had to get a plate in order to plug the hole.
2hdb9sm.jpg

29em0xw.jpg
that must of been a pain to find till you took it off and was like damit!!!

I appreciate the work these guys are doing for us. It seems to be a big pain in the aXX to build these things cost effectively with out cutting corners. Ive gone online trying to find anything that would be compatible and have gone as far as buying exhaust mani gaskets to check hole spacing but in the end it would look ugly and would cost just as much to make a good adapter plate and then figuring out how to adapt the dam egr pipe thats another dam obstacle to work with so ill shall wait to see what these guys come up with and then move on from there. But in my search I found this mani And thought it was a tank worthy of sharing it wont fit our car I checked the hole spacing but damit I like how it looks.

yea i was really disappointed to find it wasn't in the condition i was told it was in. But i had a feeling it needed work thats why i took it to the machine shop to get it magnafluxed. that the best the machinist could do.

is the other manifold off an mr2 or something?

yea i was really disappointed to find it wasn't in the condition i was told it was in. But i had a feeling it needed work thats why i took it to the machine shop to get it magnafluxed. that the best the machinist could do.

is the other manifold off an mr2 or something?

420a Racing manifold for a Eagle Talon, Plymouth Breeze, Mitsubishi Eclipse, and Chrysler Cirrus

Last edited:
I hope you know that a cast manifold will be way more expensive unless they do a high quantity of them. Most casting companies wont even quote it if the request isnt for thousands of them. It's just not cost effective for small run production. Ask Pope.

I know just merely sharing what I believe to be a nice blend of durability and design. I know it has given me ideas on what to strive for if im building a mani. And im not talking about cast desighn but chamber design.

Cool to see steedspeed back on here, but Im not interested in a manifold. Already have a T3 ex wg steedspeed sitting in my garage :D

btw I went to a local event here in Charlotte, at CES motorsports. The manifolds you make for the E36 motors are awesome. They make huge power

I don't mean to be a downer wherever i go, but how long does it take to mock one of these up? if its something you want to sell, put one together, say it looks like this and ask for deposits. It doesn't really matter how many people say they are interested until they can click that add to cart button and put the money down.
the pace of automotive I guess...

Ill have my transmission and clutch business paid for in a couple weeks. i want to get a manifold very early in the new year. like.. january. hope this moves along to the deposit stage or ill just have to either buy used or get a thunder..

Last edited:
Back