Troubleshooting Non-Functional Driver's Side Low Beam Light (2014 CX-5)

2014 CX-5
The low beam on the driver's side is not functioning, despite all the other lights operating normally. I verified the bulb's connectivity and confirmed it was operational, then even replaced it with a new one. The fuse is intact, showing a voltage of approximately 11.5V on both sides. I even swapped the left side with the right side fuse. I also swapped the relay with the AC relay, AC works. There is no corrosion in the socket, and the wires appear to be in good condition. I did not measure any voltage at the socket when measuring to the chassis ground.
Could the issue be with the light switch module on the steering wheel? I would greatly appreciate any assistance.

I have measured for voltage at the socket with respect to the chassis ground and did not have any volts. I did not confirm the ground lead is connected to chassis.

Upvote 0
If you have power at the relay, but no power at the socket, there's a break in the line somewhere. You simply have to find it.

Upvote 0
I will check voltage at the relay somehow tonight. I am assuming if I remove the relay, there will be 12V on the coil side contact and 12V on the relay common point of the relay.
So your comment suggest the issue would not be with the light switch module on the steering wheel.
Thank you you your replay.

Upvote 0
The other thing you could do is wire your headlights directly to the battery via relays. The relays would be triggered by the passenger side headlight.

This is a common mod for people who upgrade their headlights. You can make your own harness, or simply buy a premade one.

Upvote 0
With relay removed, lights turned on. I was able to measure 12V on one side of the coil and one side of the contact. I verified the contact is connected the the bulb socket and the ground on the socket is connected to chassis.
Trying to locate a new relay today
1714495380895.png

Upvote 0
Back