Tried and Failed...ATP 3" MAF...

thanotosq

:
08 MS3 (sold)/04 MZ3 2.3 AT
Okay, so if you havent seen any of the threads that i have started about the ATP 3" MAF then here it is in short...

I tried to get it to work...and i f#$king failed!

Today i tried the fix that the ATP guy told me on the phone(blah). I put on the Boost Cut Killer module, which is a total ***** to put on (the guy i bought it from did warn me though)... Thanks guy at ATP for wasting my f#$king time(dark)... Okay, so maybe not a totall waste of time, but it didnt fix the problem. I still have boost cut or whatever around 5000 rpm in any gear. I loose pretty much all boost pressure; however, i get no CEL's...

Just one more piece of advise for those of you out there who havent figured this out yet... Ken from Protege Garage is right. <=that is a period for a reason... Ken told me to bail on the 3' MAF and put on a different intake but i didnt listen (i was determined to make it work) and now the stock air box is back on there...(chair)(chair)(chair)

Anyway, i guess that i will just wait to do anything until i get an EMS and see from there...

Suggestions are always welcome being as i would still like to have an intake on the ATP 3" turbo inlet...(yes)

did you have problem trying to get the pg manifold to fit too?? is it you or just everything seem dont want to fit on your car?

actually i didnt even get around to the manifold today... I was so pissed about the boost cut that i just gave up.

Besides, i stayed up until 4 playing Halo online... double experience points weekend dog!!!

I will probably put it in next weekend with the downpipe, which is not a bad thing since i am installing my boost and wideband gauges tomorrow (it is the first weekend off in a while, so i had a pile of parts to put on) and i was a little nervous about all the mods before the gauges...but i guess if my car cuts out before i get anywhere close to overboost i should just not worry about it, right?!

just the ATP 3" turbo inlet piping and the ATP 3" MAF intake... that's all that it took... no other mods. The guy i talked to from ATP said that the ATP BCK would solve the boost cutting problem... so i installed that yesterday and i still had boost cut issues....

Either way, i hit a brick wall at about 5000rpm with only an intake and turbo inlet!!

The fact is that i was a little hesitant to add anything else (i do have some other parts in the garage to install) until this was figured out, but i am going to instal the boost gauge, pg mani, and cs dp today no matter what... maybe the sways depending on how tired i am.

What year is your car? You dramatically opened up your intake path: you may not be able to deliver enough fuel to keep up at full throttle. Do you qualify for the fuel pump upgrade?

ATP inlet and short ram

Just to let you know I too purchased the ATP inlet and short ram. I installed it this weekend and I seem to be experiencing the same issues. I read on another forum in here that had someone saying "with the change of an inlet you need to ignition cycle your car about 8 to 12 times with 5 min intervals in order for the computer to read it correctly." This person claimed to have spoken to a Mazda trainer of somekind.

Anyway I tried that for about an hour or so and still was having issues with the boost.

If anyone els can shed some lite on the whole computer reset (have you heard the same thing or is it possible, etc.) I would apreciate it. (bang)

i am glad, or sorry, to hear that someone else is seeing the same thing!

Dawkins20, i am going to call ATP tomorrow and i suggest that you do the same thing. If they tell you that their Boost Cut Killer will fix the problem tell them that they are full of s***...

I am not really sure that it is fixable with the stock ECU unless you have some EMS that will correct it.

What year is your car? You dramatically opened up your intake path: you may not be able to deliver enough fuel to keep up at full throttle. Do you qualify for the fuel pump upgrade?

I bought it in October 07, but i havent looked at the date or anything...

What cars would qualify?

It just doesnt seem that it would be fuel cut with only a SRI and turbo inlet... I mean people are running a lot of mods and not upgrading the fuel pump, right? I thought that the fuel pump was only needed after a larger turbo set up...

No, you have a screwed up sensor conflict between the MAF and the MAP sensors. Both detect flow and one is not agreeing with the other. The ECU cannot find the correct response. The ECU is probably switching to a limp mode. If you can datalog, log the "commanded throttle actuator" and "Injector Duty Cycle" PIDs. I bet the throttle is closing off cause the ECU cannot compensate. I would also recommend logging AFR. If you can't log, go to www.auterraweb.com and pick up their dynoscan for windows (if you have a laptop). Otherwise, you need a datalogging device before you do anymore!!!

Same thing happened to me. I returned it and got a full refund.

Supposedly I had installed it wrong.

I guess it wasn't just me.

Back