Transferring GPS "Favorites" from one CX-5 to another

:
Mazda CX5-GT AWD
Have not been able to find my question already answered on forums so here we go.
I presently have a 2018 CX-5 Touring/GT model with the built-in GPS Nav feature but I'm presently in process of exchanging it for a new 2021 CX-5 with Touring/GT package. Is there any way of moving all my saved "favourites" addresses in my existing GPS system over to the new vehicle? Like many people, I have dozens of addresses for friends, medical clinics, etc which are loaded into the vehicle's database which I rather not want to lose once I switch to the new vehicle. Can I save my SD-card's contents onto my computer and later transfer them onto the new SD-Card? Or am I SOL?

Have not been able to find my question already answered on forums so here we go.
I presently have a 2018 CX-5 Touring/GT model with the built-in GPS Nav feature but I'm presently in process of exchanging it for a new 2021 CX-5 with Touring/GT package. Is there any way of moving all my saved "favourites" addresses in my existing GPS system over to the new vehicle? Like many people, I have dozens of addresses for friends, medical clinics, etc which are loaded into the vehicle's database which I rather not want to lose once I switch to the new vehicle. Can I save my SD-card's contents onto my computer and later transfer them onto the new SD-Card? Or am I SOL?

I don’t have an answer for you. But if it turns out you can’t, you might want to switch to Waze or Google Maps so this isn’t a problem next new car

Upvote 0
Happily, the 2021s now come with Apple Car Play and Android Play which will allow me to link my smartphone's google maps wit the car's system which I haven't been able to do up until now.

Still; if anyone knows how to save the GPS's saved data, that would be great as I do plan to wipe the GPS clean before returning it to the dealership.

Upvote 0
I think its stored on the Operating system of the infotainment. Its a form of linux.
You can try the sdcard on a pc and browse but I think it was only the vin licensing. Doesnt hurt to check it out.
The new 2021 have new OS as well to make things more intetesting.

Upvote 0
I think that you're SOL. I've never seen a method to do what you're wanting to do.

You could try contacting Mazda Connect yourself directly and ask them.

You'll find their phone number and a contact method below.

Upvote 0
Thanks for the replies guys! I kind of had a gut feeling that I may be SOL with this quest but I'll just sit and scroll through my Nav list manually and jot the names/addresses manually on a pad and eventually reenter them in the new vehicle. Not hard but just a pain in the butt.

Upvote 0
Back