Tranny Recall Petition!!!

go to petitionsonline.com and start one there, btw wtf happened to the z919 petition???!!!

There's nothing wrong with my tranny, but I'll sign if it'll help you guys who are having problems out. Who knows, I may start to have problems with my tranny.

MP3 owner, can't attach a word document so if you like it just copy and paste. Once you get the petition up, lemme know. Haven't had problems yet, but if i do a recall would be nice.

This petition is to hereby request a formal international recall investigation of the model year 2000 through the current model year of the Mazda Protg sedan, Mazda MP3, and Mazda Protg 5 hatchback. The recall investigation should concentrate on accusations of a faulty 5 speed manual transmissions causing the transmission to lock up while driving or loss of forward momentum, which in turn can cause loss of vehicle control or lead to involvement in a serious accident. By signing this petition all the undersigned do agree with the above made statements and do hereby formally request to be notified of any action undertaken by either the National Highway Traffic Safety Board or by Mazda Motor Co. LTD

let me know, ill sign. i had to have my third gear and synrchos replaced. and i know a lot of people complain about 1st to 2nd being a little tuff.

Hey guys, over at the Protegeclub forum we've discussed the shifting problem. One of the Admins solved it with Motul fluid in the clutch system and then bleeding it really well. The stock stuff acts like the clutch isn't dis-engaging fully and that might be the problem with the synchros. I notice a little bit of a notchiness from 1st to 2nd, and a little less 2nd to 3rd so I'm going to try this on my car also.

Traveler said:
Hey guys, over at the Protegeclub forum we've discussed the shifting problem. One of the Admins solved it with Motul fluid in the clutch system and then bleeding it really well. The stock stuff acts like the clutch isn't dis-engaging fully and that might be the problem with the synchros. I notice a little bit of a notchiness from 1st to 2nd, and a little less 2nd to 3rd so I'm going to try this on my car also.

huh ok... what is Motul Fluid... and do I drain the tranny? I have no idea what you are talking about here.... please speak english and v e r y s l o w l y LOL.... I am no mechanic by any means...

but I am signing whatever petition goes up my tranny died at 9 000 km's 2 months after I bought it....

Jc

yeah, ill throw my sig on there. im kinda sick of how damn bouncy my car is sometimes, should shoot for a new tranny, clutch and poly motor mounts :)

Count me In....

If you guys are putting down your names, don't forget to count me in. I certainly don't want to worry about my tranny breaking down on me before or after the warrenty. Mazda admited that their tranny on the protege is a weak link and having problems. Since they know that, we have every right as customers of Mazda, to complain and plus they do know that if everyone living on this planet know the fact that protege's tranny are bad, no-one will buy the proteges.

When I had my civic I didn't have to worry about tranny goofing up on me. I wish that the Proteges tranny are stronger than they are now, so certainly count me in.

#########################################

As for the clutch fluid -- it's possible...

The MP3 has a more aggresive clutch than the MP5/ES which is why the clutch point is so low. If sometimes it doesn't fully disengage it stresses the syncros. And that could explain why MP3's seem to be having more of this problem.

You have to make sure you push the clutch down FULLY and it shuold easily come out of gear... I notice that on some shifts is resists a bit coming out of 1st gear -- and this could be the problem happening.

But changing to Motul fluid and bleeding the system? I don't know if that will make any difference.... but it might.

I think my clutch takeup point moves around a bit quiet down low... But I also think it's my imagination. Anyone else notice this?

Oh yeah, no tranny problems for me but only 5000 miles on my car. But it is all city miles. All shifts are fine except sometimes it's a bit hard to go into 1st -- but it's been like that since the begining. I usually just shift into another gear and then it goes in. Reverse sometimes doesn't go all the way in ... I just let off the brake and let the car move a little and it just goes in nicely.

Never force reverse -- it's easy to mess it up. And honestly, all cars that don't have a reverse syncro have that problem. All the cars I've ever driven, at least. BMW's have reverse syncro so you can go into reverse while moving forward even!!

OH, my friend's 2001 Civic shifts like a dream compared with my MP3. The shifter slides into any gear instantly and without resitance. I was shocked to drive it. But it also doesn't feel very "positive." And that niceness will probably wear out.

I'm only 11,000 miles young now and haven't had any real tranny problems yet, but they could be coming. im definitely down for the petition.

Back