Tranny Mazda 323 1.6

joqr231210

:
323 1.6i 1987
Hi everybody, I'm happy to be registered on a cars forum!

I'm from Jalisco, Mxico, my name is Octavio and i have a mazda 323 1.6 SOHC 1987

but... the engine died, well, the problem was that the crankshaft broke when trying to rectify in a workshop here in the city, and this cars are very rare here, actually my car was imported in 2000... now I found a engine that i think is a B6 from a 323 90-94, but i dont know if this engine will bolt up with the transmission of my actual car. My mazda has a manual 5 gears tranny, so I really apreciate if someone could tell me if the engine of the picture will asemble with the transmission I have.

I've been searching for a days about the engines and transmissions and I found that maybe the engine is a B6-E or a B6-ME, and found this article (clubprotege . com/wil/tech/b-seriesengineswapfaq.htm) that talk about my issue, says that the B6-E and B6-ME engine are compatible whith the transmission of my 323 1987 but before I buy the engine I want to be sure that this parts will work and I can drive my mazda again...

From Mxico, thank you for reading, i wish you luck!

This is the engine I found:

WP_001049.jpg

WP_001048.jpg

Last edited:
I'm 99% sure that you're old gearbox will bolt up. You might have to use the clutch from the old motor if that was 1,3. ohh ! you will need engine harness and ecu.

Back