TPS won't turn off. Why??

mox44ah

:
2018 CX-5 GT
I have a 2018 GT and the tire pressure warning light came on. I verified every single tire is at 34-35 psi so why won't the warning light turn off? I've driven 2 days now, checked the pressure on each tire 3 times, and the warning light is still on! I used to have a 2016 CX5 and it had a TPS reset button. Why the hell did they do away with that reset button??

TPMS won't turn off. Why??

Does the spare have a sensor??? I doubt it.
No TPMS tire pressure sensor for spare.

This just showed that a tire pressure display is valuable and needed for a direct-read TPMS system. It could tell the owner where the discrepancy is between owner's tire pressure gauge and TPMS tire pressure sensors. And check the specific tire where the display says in question. I'd suggest OP to add more air to each tire to 36 psi measuring with a different tire pressure gauge.

Mazda should have spent a little money for a tire pressure display to its new direct-read TPMS, instead of spending a lot more money for an almost useless cylinder deactivation system which is another example of trying too hard to be different from everybody else!

2017-nissan-rogue-safety-tire-pressure-monitor-large.jpg

Last edited:
This is just a shot in the dark, but how long have your commutes been over the past 2 days? Have you been able to get up to speed and drive consistently at that speed in this time? My TPMS light wouldn't turn off until I was able to drive at 60 km/h for at least few minutes at a time.

Another shot in the dark: if you don't have the button, your sensors are inside the tires. If the tire pressure was low enough and you drove around on that tire, it's possible that the sensor may have been damaged. Or one of the sensors may just be malfunctioning. Take it to the dealer and have them check it out.

Turns out I had a nail in my tire that I couldn't find the first few times I looked! Pulled it and had it patched over the weekend. Thanks for the help.

Back