TPMS Monitors S*ck

Remspeed3

:
2011 Mazdaspeed3 Sport- LSM w/tech pkg.
I have to say that I absolutely hate these TPMS monitors, It should have never been mandated that car companys be required to use them..The biggest problem is that they tend to leak and it seems like nobody in my town carries the gaskets for them..I haven't called Mazda to see if they have them yet...but I think if laws are passed that they be used, they also need to pass a law requiring every tire store to carry replacement parts. Thanks to all those lazy people out there that never checked there tire pressure and having accidents due to there own negligence. Im done!!

TPMS work when implemented properly. The problem is that tht ones we have can barely be called TPMS and just barely meet the federal guidelines. Its a Mazda issue. YOu dont see this problem on an RL or Lexus or BMW.

TPMS work when implemented properly. The problem is that tht ones we have can barely be called TPMS and just barely meet the federal guidelines. Its a Mazda issue. YOu dont see this problem on an RL or Lexus or BMW.
Im not having a problem with the stock wheels its mainly the aftermarket wheels I have..they fit ok but its annoying when you have to deal with people that really don't care about your car and have very little knowledge about the TPMS and the parts. i stll think this should have been an option for owners to decide if they wanted them or not...not to mention the cost to replace one compared to a regular valve stem.

Last edited:
you can also just take them off. i havent had them on my car for over 2 years.

I could but I hate the light being on, thats mainly why I bought a second set for that purpose...I am very tempted to just take them out tho..they suck and they are not worth the headache+ I don't have time to spend at a tire shop waiting around. Hopefully Mazda has the service kit for them and I can get it taken care of shortly..Im putting air in the one every other day or so!:mad:

I feel you on this issue. I hate that light so much. Little change in tire pressure and that thing goes on just to piss you off.

sounds to me like the problem you have isnt with the TPMS sensors, but with the aftermarket wheels you bought. should have checked with the wheel manufacturer to see if the wheels were compatible with the sensors first. sounds b-ass-ackwards to me.

Aftermarket wheels are the problem. Many don't have the same fitment for tpms. I had the same problem but when I switched to my MS6 wheels the problem went away.

No its not the wheels, I asked before I bought them...I had new tires put on at the begining of summer..Supposedly they need to have new gaskets put on everytime you put on tires or they might start leaking..which really sucks because they are like 7-10 bux for each wheel.....I guess the biggest problem for me is the lack of knowledge that the tire shops have and availablity to get the correct parts. Anyways they still suck and it cost more money to have this junk!! O'h yeah when I called Mazda they said you have to buy the whole sensor which is not true heres a site that sales the parts for anybody that might need them.. http://revolutionsupply.com/(S(jftc...ppGuide.aspx?gclid=CIaBt-Do9aICFQ6bnAodtRCPhg

Last edited:
No its not the wheels, I asked before I bought them...I had new tires put on at the begining of summer..Supposedly they need to have new gaskets put on everytime you put on tires or they might start leaking..I guess the biggest problem for me is the lack of knowledge that the tire shops have and availablity to get the correct parts. Anyways they still suck and it cost more money to have this junk!!

take 'em back and make them get the correct "New" gaskets. if a shop doesnt satisfy me, i make them try- even it means going back a few times. if they still cant get it right, i make sure to tell them i will be going somewhere else from now on. with as cut-throat as the car repair business is, we the consumers need to let them know that they need to earn our support or they wont get our support.

No its not the wheels, I asked before I bought them...I had new tires put on at the begining of summer..Supposedly they need to have new gaskets put on everytime you put on tires or they might start leaking..which really sucks because they are like 7-10 bux for each wheel.....I guess the biggest problem for me is the lack of knowledge that the tire shops have and availablity to get the correct parts. Anyways they still suck and it cost more money to have this junk!! O'h yeah when I called Mazda they said you have to buy the whole sensor which is not true heres a site that sales the parts for anybody that might need them.. http://revolutionsupply.com/(S(jftc...ppGuide.aspx?gclid=CIaBt-Do9aICFQ6bnAodtRCPhg

is that where you got them from? maybe the problem is with their products.

I have to say that I absolutely hate these TPMS monitors, It should have never been mandated that car companys be required to use them..The biggest problem is that they tend to leak and it seems like nobody in my town carries the gaskets for them..I haven't called Mazda to see if they have them yet...but I think if laws are passed that they be used, they also need to pass a law requiring every tire store to carry replacement parts. Thanks to all those lazy people out there that never checked there tire pressure and having accidents due to there own negligence. Im done!!

Huh,

i have had, over the last 42 years, my fair share of oddball tire trouble

on this car, if/when the light comes on. I shut the b**** down and check it out

and its ALWAYS right

I am a fan of tpms

and bj's

Huh,

i have had, over the last 42 years, my fair share of oddball tire trouble

on this car, if/when the light comes on. I shut the b**** down and check it out

and its ALWAYS right

I am a fan of tpms

Yeah I always check mine to, thats how I know that they are leaking..plus I spray soapy water on them to make sure thats what the problem is...The system works but the gasket set up they use is fragile.

i work at sears and we change out the tmps gasket/orings everytime we put a different tire on a rim. all sears nation wide carry these kits. i think all firestones do as well.

i work at sears and we change out the tmps gasket/orings everytime we put a different tire on a rim. all sears nation wide carry these kits. i think all firestones do as well.
Glad to know that..I guess I will go to Sears and see what they have.

I like the TPMS myself. When I got my RX-8s, Discount had to try several different gasket sets to find the right one. One tire did leak down one time, but since then (13K ago), they've worked fine. I do wish it would tell me which tire, like my C does.

Back