TPMS Monitor - Orange Electronic

:
2022 CX-5 Pref
I finally found a GOOD solution to the missing individual tire pressure readouts. Still kind of irked to know the actual sensors in the wheels are the kind that read the actual pressure and don't rely on the ABS system and Mazda just couldn't be bothered to give us a screen where we can see the pressures.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/ (commissions earned) - 100 bucks.

Enter the Orange Electronic TPMS monitor. This little device after a quick programming sesh will show you individual tire pressures from the OEM sensors. Just installed and programmed on my 22 Preferred. The picture shows no reading but it comes up pretty quick once you start driving. Programming is simple, deflate tires below 27psi in a certain order one right after the other. It has a mode for rotation as well so you don't have to relearn all 4. They cable they give you is LONG for wherever you want to put it, but I used a short microUSB cable I had laying around and mounted it where I can easily glance at it. Comes with velcro and the USB adapter.

Attachments

• TPMS.png
    TPMS.png
    291.6 KB · Views: 198
Each TPMS sensor emits an ID and PSI to the CPU (when speed is > preset mph ... 15mph?)
Mazda just did not bother to provide a display to us.

Deflating tire one by one is just to teach the unit which is which.
I don't want to spend $100 on this, but this is a great product.

Last edited:
Found this on a Chinese Market site.

O1CN01pxPpjX1Pzjr3q9x0B_!!3448251912.jpg

I still can't believe every car made does not have a individual readout for each tire. I used to own a base model 2014 Chevy Cruze that had it. That was 8 years ago!!

I still can't believe every car made does not have a individual readout for each tire. I used to own a base model 2014 Chevy Cruze that had it. That was 8 years ago!!
Yeah I am guessing it was deemed to be more trouble than the benefit it delivered. I personally would like to have individual displays of pressure.. but the important thing is that the pressures are monitored. I assume errant complaints were reported after consumers swapped tires, rotated etc.. and it discouraged the individual displays.

I had individual readings in a vehicle, and later I bought a newer version of the same model, and they had removed the individual displays. hehee.. It is interesting.

I bought this after seeing your post. Only problem is you have to unscrew lock nuts to add air.
The other issue with those is they are battery powered so you'll need to take them apart to replace batteries every so often.

I bought this one back in April, very happy with it. They go on and off in 30 seconds. Accurate within 1-2 psi. Backlit Display, solar powered. price has gone up about $20 since I bought it. The display rests next to the infotainment screen.

Tymate Tire Pressure Monitoring System - M7-3 TPMS Tire Pressure Monitor System with Solar Charger, TPMS w/ 5 Alarm Modes, LCD Display, Auto Sleep Mode, 4 TPMS Sensors, Easy to Install (0-87 PSI) https://a.co/d/2RhxVni

Back