Torn Motor Mount

dukebrown

:
Mazda Speed 3 Comsmic Blue
Tonight after I found out that I was given the wrong brake pads and cooled down a bit I replaced the stock motor mount. Very easy to do. As you can see in the pics there is a tear in the motor mount. Hmmm no wonder I was getting horrible wheel hop.
I put in a TRZ Derlin mount. Wholly s*** the car has vibes like my 1982 Ford F100.
Now I can say that it grips much better, I am on the right track, my tire and wheel weight is *** Ooops I could not do proper math. 41lbs on 235/45 -17 But I will be fully bolted soon.

Hey David don't you need someone to try your ETD??

Attachments

• HPIM0404.jpg
    HPIM0404.jpg
    543.7 KB · Views: 243
  • HPIM0405.jpg
    HPIM0405.jpg
    598.3 KB · Views: 240
Last edited:
Now I can say that it grips much better, I am on the right track, my tire and wheel weight is 26lbs on 235/45 -17 But I will be fully bolted soon.

I'm just wondering how the heck you managed that? Us miata guys can even make that with 15's and my 15's weighs 9.5lbs

I'm just wondering how the heck you managed that? Us miata guys can even make that with 15's and my 15's weighs 9.5lbs

damn 18's weight a lot, stock bridgestones weigh 22lbs a piece, my "light" wheels are 20lbs a piece and the stockers are 24lbs a piece.

Sorry updated the weight, I had my head up my ass I have been in manual gunnery class and all the damn numbers have my head fried.

Back