Tore up another tranny!

This one I beleive to be a bad shift fork. This tranny was out of a 2001, which I think had bad shift forks didn't it.

The last one I totally shattered throwing gears thru the case.

Good thing is that this one was covered in the warranty from the salvage yard, they are sending me another one at no cost.:D :D

Sweet deal on the free tranny... But honestly, you obivously were prepared to break another tranny running drags.. Why ditch the P5 project. Build up a tranny :D

GOTZOOM? - Transaction Complete!!! :D Thanks!

Dave

No problem, I should be able to get them out Friday and they will have to go Priority, so they should be there by Wednsday.

Sounds good! Thanks!

Dave

well, I dont have more than 2 years in drag racing but all I do is that in cars that are not built for drag, I never dump the clutch, specially if its front wheel drive and spins 1 tire.
Yeah I do rev it high if using slick, but a slow dump in the clutch.

well...I have never driven a car built for drag, so tha applies to all my races.. ;)

my tranny has started having problems at 500miles (will pop out of 3rd 1 in 10 times when initially shifted into it)...this was long before the turbo...i also had the crappy flywheel and clutch that started chattering just when the turbo went on preventing me from bringing it to the dealer for the let it sit overnight and hope they can recreate the problem...

i was thinking of doing the msp lsd ($550 plus the labor for install, then the labor for shot peening the shift forks and other strengthening but why spend all that money on a tranny that is pretty weak to begin with)...i'm looking for a msp tranny so hopefully that one will be much stronger...the durability of the engine/drivetrain on these cars is not a strength

igdrasil said:
well, I dont have more than 2 years in drag racing but all I do is that in cars that are not built for drag, I never dump the clutch, specially if its front wheel drive and spins 1 tire.
Yeah I do rev it high if using slick, but a slow dump in the clutch.

well...I have never driven a car built for drag, so tha applies to all my races.. ;)

sounding from your initial wheelspin in your videos, looks like you are dumping the clutch....

Axles and intercooler pipes are sold. Still have the manifold, drag wheels and tires, downpipe, Nordskog digital A/F meter, digital fuel pressure gauge with sending unit, digital boost gauge with sending unit, three pod full pillar mount, and exhaust left.

I will make a hell of a deal if some one buys the three gauges and will throw in the pod for free.

After this weekend they will go to eBay.

East Street Automotive USA-TN(Memphis) 1-901-774-5374 $1500

Hilo Auto Recycling Center USA-HI(Hilo) 1-888-909-4456 $1200

Eastside Auto Salvage USA-NC(Midway-Park) 1-800-435-2886 $450 (bad case-no shipping)

Brims Imports Auto USA-OH(Kenton) 1-419-675-1099 (will only sell with motor) (call for price)

Good info. You were right! You are a fast shiftin' MoFo!
drivingskid.gif

Another tranny found...for you Cali guys.

P and C Auto Wreckers - RPN USA-CA(Milpitas) 408-262-5741

CALL for price

GOTZOOM? said:
East Street Automotive USA-TN(Memphis) 1-901-774-5374 $1500

Hilo Auto Recycling Center USA-HI(Hilo) 1-888-909-4456 $1200

Eastside Auto Salvage USA-NC(Midway-Park) 1-800-435-2886 $450 (bad case-no shipping)

Brims Imports Auto USA-OH(Kenton) 1-419-675-1099 (will only sell with motor) (call for price)

P and C Auto Wreckers - RPN USA-CA(Milpitas) 408-262-5741

Call for Price

VizaX, that 15.22 on your car is very very very nice!!!
Do you have any other mod not listed on your sig?

Back