Tom Tom Nav

Tuktanuk

:
2014 CX-5 GT w/Tech
So I just took a trip from NY to NC and back. Hit horrible traffic on 95 and the Tom Tom never re-routed me. I took matters into my own hands to get around it.... Once in NC; I pulled the card and updated. It turns out, Tom Tom is now charging for traffic!? What the crap!??? $2.99 a month or $25.00 a year! Hey TomTom.... your traffic is NOT good enough to charge for! (scratch)

Is it just me? Anyone else notice a lack of the Traffic? Would you pay?

I ended up getting a mount for my S4 and downloaded here Maps.

So I just took a trip from NY to NC and back. Hit horrible traffic on 95 and the Tom Tom never re-routed me. I took matters into my own hands to get around it.... Once in NC; I pulled the card and updated. It turns out, Tom Tom is now charging for traffic!? What the crap!??? $2.99 a month or $25.00 a year! Hey TomTom.... your traffic is NOT good enough to charge for! (scratch)

Is it just me? Anyone else notice a lack of the Traffic? Would you pay?

I ended up getting a mount for my S4 and downloaded here Maps.

Traffic on TomTom has been OK for my needs, and I have been re-routed a couple of times. Are you sure that they are charging for traffic though?? My understanding is that NAV systems through the 2015 model get free traffic through the HD receiver in their radio, so I would be surprised if they all of a sudden started charging us money.

I use the TomTom nav everyday on the way to work and it almost always routes me around the crashes and traffic backups.

Must have been a glitch because it is working again. Strange that it just disappeared like that....

Must have been a glitch because it is working again. Strange that it just disappeared like that....

This happens to me on and off. The quick fix is to turn off the car, remove and replace the memory card in the dash, and restart the car. The longer-term fix is to remove the card and connect to TomTom Home so it can get updates.

Back