Tire warning light on - why?

HOLOHOLO

:
2012 Pearl White CX-9 Touring
I noticed the inflation sensor light on my dash for the last couple weeks. The 18" tires look fine, and are all at 35lb.

Is there really a problem with inflation or is it warning of something else? Six month rotation schedule?

Anyone know what the pressure limits are for the sensor?

The car is 7 months old and very low miles.

I noticed the inflation sensor light on my dash for the last couple weeks. The 18" tires look fine, and are all at 35lb.

Is there really a problem with inflation or is it warning of something else? Six month rotation schedule?

Anyone know what the pressure limits are for the sensor?

The car is 7 months old and very low miles.

Defective TPMS. Problem is, you can't tell which one easily. I'd bring it back to the dealer as this is a warranty covered part.

Dealer can tell which is defective. We can't w/o their computer.

Last edited:
OK - I am an idiot.

I trusted the airgauge I borrowed from my local Chevron station, where I fill up. When I rechecked, using my digital gauge, I found EVERY tire to be under-inflated at 28.5-30 psi!!

I cranked them up to 36 psi and am enjoying the stiffer ride, though it's noisier. Should improve the sucky MPG's I've been seeing too.

I now use 1 digital and 2 manual gauges on each tire to monitor things. I hope these things are not leaking,...

Sorry if I wasted anyone's time on this.

round%20tire%20pressure%20gauge.jpg

Mmmmm,.. That bleeder's a nice touch.

I should change the batteries on my Accutire gauge, while I'm at it.
31VU9qK8RfL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Last edited:
Back