Tire recommendations for 2017 CX-5 GT AWD?

Looking to replace the original Toyo A36 tired on my 2017 CX5 AWD GT . Any recommendations for replacement all season tires? Thanks.

I was looking at Michelin CC2's, Conti. LX25 and Pirelli Scorpion AS Plus 2's. for my 2018 AWD GT to replace the OEM Toyo's. Pirelli now offers this new in 2021 model as a V rated tire and after comparing these tires on Tire Rack for features I was interested in (Comfort, Quietness, Treadwear, Handling, Rolling Resistance) the Pirelli's won out by a hair. Got a great deal on them at COSTCO(here in Canada), and after 3 weeks of city and highway driving I am absolutely delighted with my choice.

Just two months ago, I had Sam's Club put a set of Michelin Defender T+H's on my 2013. I am extremely satisfied with the ride quality and low noise. Plus, the price was right with an instant $80 rebate when you bought 4. Win-Win.

I was looking at Michelin CC2's, Conti. LX25 and Pirelli Scorpion AS Plus 2's. for my 2018 AWD GT to replace the OEM Toyo's. Pirelli now offers this new in 2021 model as a V rated tire and after comparing these tires on Tire Rack for features I was interested in (Comfort, Quietness, Treadwear, Handling, Rolling Resistance) the Pirelli's won out by a hair. Got a great deal on them at COSTCO(here in Canada), and after 3 weeks of city and highway driving I am absolutely delighted with my choice.
Thanks for sharing your research. I am considering the same tires for my 2016.5 CX-5 GT, after doing a similar Tire Rack comb thru. Costco in the US currently has a deal on Michelins so I’m leaning towards the Cross Climate 2’s. We get more ice than snow in my hilly area so the CC2’s better rating on ice gives it a slight advantage over the Scorpions. I had Michelins on my ‘99 Subaru Outback and I loved them. They once saved our lives on a wet, foggy interstate. But we’ll see what the local tire dealer will offer tomorrow.

Back