2017~2024 TiRE protection warranty worth buying?

:
2018 Mazda CX5 GT AWD
Good morning new Mazda shopper/soon to be owner here, waiting to pick up my 2018 Mazda CX-5 GT just wondering is it worth adding the tire protection warranty? It's running for around $800 here. I thought I remember reading somewhere in the Forum that these tires maybe a problem. Thanks for any and all input! 😊

I would add when you buy a new set the tire shop would sell the flat repair coverage for like $20 a tire and some places just offer it for free.

It's not even "flat repair coverage" it's an actual warranty. The last time I bought a full set it's like $27 per tire. Covers prorated replacements too.

Thanks! The warranty is for 5 years and covers wheels and rims. I always say no to all the extended warranties offered....wasn't sure about this one. ☺

It’s basically pure profit for them. Better off saving that money for a rainy day imo

Good morning new Mazda shopper/soon to be owner here, waiting to pick up my 2018 Mazda CX-5 GT just wondering is it worth adding the tire protection warranty? It's running for around $800 here. I thought I remember reading somewhere in the Forum that these tires maybe a problem. Thanks for any and all input! ��

At $800? No...

I bought 4 tires at Discount a few years ago, plus the certificates that covered them for 3 years and it was all still cheaper than $800.

No... the only time tire warranty WOULD have paid for me was a BMW 4 that had low profile tires. I went through 12 in 3 years. However, 9 of them were the same passenger front and because I bought the replacements on Tire Rack (which provides road hazard) they were replaced almost for free after the first one. That car was about $2k for tire/wheel protections

I suggest if you need a replacement buy them from Tire Rack. They are cheaper. They usually arrive at your mechanic the next day and include 2 year Road Hazard.

Thank you! I won't buy the tire warranty. I have learned so much reading the posts on this forum!

Last edited:
Shoot I paid $800 for my 19-inch Bridgestone Potenzas on Mazda6 through discount tires.

an update on the literature for the tire warranty....it is a tire and Wheel/rim protection plan- "Reimbursement is provided for the repair or replacement of wheels/rims that will not seal to the tire due to contact with a road hazard Reimbursement includes the cost of mounting, balancing, valve stems and taxes required as part of a covered repair/replacement." If I am reading about the stock 20 inch wheels that come with the car...they seem to "sit" lower to the ground..and more of a chance for puncture?? so my thinking was a tire that is "blown" may end up damaging these rims. This is my first Mazda. I am trading in a 2009 Acura TSX with Nav. So it has been a while since my last car purchase. lol

The CX-5 with 19 aren’t considered low profile like what would be on the 6 or a TSX for they wheel diameter. I really don’t think that warranty is a good value at all. Just easy profit for the dealer.

Thanks for your input! Hopefully picking up the car next week. no on the tire and rim warranty sounds good to me. :)

Might have been good for my old Saab with the notoriously soft Viking rims. Replaced 3 of those (although still wasn't near 2 grand). Look around the forum...people have gripes about Mazda but soft rims isn't one of them.

Back