Thought I might miss the curse....

kcbhiw

What "Lifestyle"?
Contributor
:
64 Valves, 16 Cylinders, 7.2L, 622 HP
...but no. During a weekend of pounding on the LeMons racer and bouncing off other cars, it seems the ol' P5 received a respectible amount of damage itself. One of our team mates accidentally backed his truck into the driver's side door of the P5. It's schmanged enough that it constitutes replacement of the door. It closes loosely and leaks air, and likely water, significantly.

All in all, I can't be upset. It was genuinely an accident. It was late and we all were pretty beat from banging up the lemons racer on course, followed by repairs which lasted til about 1230am.

At least he still can drive his... :(

Sorry to hear Kev... how did you guys end up? I was looking at results on Mylaps.com but it said you guys finished in position 0?

Sorry to hear Kev... how did you guys end up? I was looking at results on Mylaps.com but it said you guys finished in position 0?

They were car number zero... sure that's not what you were looking at?

It looks like we placed 9/22 in our class. I don't know where we stood overall. I set the second FTD Saturday and 4th on Sunday. We probably would have done a lot better had we not spent about 3-3.5 hours in the pits overall. We had some serious braking/cooling issues.

EDIT: So 30th overall as B said. Not too bad considering we were standing at 56th.

D'oh.. read it wrong last night.

9th in class, 30th overall it appears.

There are classes at LeMons? Really? It's necessary to break $500 cars into separate "performance" classes?

...oh, and that sucks about the door, dude.

There are classes at LeMons? Really? It's necessary to break $500 cars into separate "performance" classes?

From last some of last years' results, they kind of make sense:

THUNDERHILL 24 HOURS OF LeMONS RACE PRIZES

Class CW (Could Win): #85, RotoRevenge, (Mazda RX7, Emeryville CA)
Class PW (Prayer of Winning): #67, Team Red Meat (Mazda Protg, Hood River OR)
Class NPW (No Prayer of Winning): #09 Fantasy Junction/InAccuracy (Acura Integra, Emeryville CA)
Class NPF (No Prayer of Finishing): #73, PBRD/Car and Driver Jr. Varsity Racing Team (Mazda RX7, Ann Arbor MI)

NPW :) By our calculations, if we didn't have the cooling and braking issues, we would have had a very good shot at the overall win.

I can only assume you were with Team Hong Norr. From Jalopnik:

30-0.jpg

I can only assume you were with Team Hong Norr. From Jalopnik:

30-0.jpg

Indeed that's us. Beleive it or not, that smoke was from locking the rear brakes (only because the fronts had completely failed).

Back