Thinking about buying a Bov

bluevu77

:
Cx-7 07 GT
Hmm im thinking about buying a BOV for my cx-7 but does anyone know if i gotta buy the bov kit or just the bov?? or does the cx-7 already have a kit in it...sorry just don't wanna buy the wrong thing =]

i forgot to add that i was looking at the hks ssq bov sorry but yeah if you look online they sell them in a kit or just the bov..is the kit really required for the cx-7? and the forge bov sounds really really nice but i was looking for that high chirp noise (breakn)

There are two types of HKS SSBOV one has a flange kit that is required to adapt the HKS SSBOV which has a round port to a diamond shape flange which is what the stock bpv uses on all mazda cars equiped with the DIZI 2.3 engine.

The other HKS SSBOV has the diamond flange as part of the body so it's a bolt on, bolt off replacement to the original factory unit.

I've played with the HKS SSBOV on my other car and sometimes the snap-ring is a pain to install. You need a good set of snap-ring plyers to install it.

Look at the protege garage site you can see pictures of the diamond to round-port adaptor and the direct bolt-on model. The adaptor is not very big.

Also make sure you also get the recirculation fitting for the HKS so it can opperate as a BVP as well as a BOV...

Eric

Last edited:
I'm not shure they make theother type of SQV anymore since they changed the design of the SQV a few months ago. I think they decided to make 1 universal and then make all diff flanges. I just got one in january and it was used so the snap ring was done for me luckily.

here is a thread for a guy selling one a few days ago its gone but it gives you an idea of what I recieved for my cx7 and fits.
http://www.msprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=123699708
the kits they sell as a set for our car include the recirulation fitting and the intake cap which allow you to run VTA or recirculation

Back