The trunk door is fully unlocked after a second click only?

Hello guys,

I just wanted to check if anybody has heard about the following issue with the trunk door latch.

So, it's the standard, not the power liftgate trunk door. In order to open it, I need to press the opener button two times.
When I press the first time I hear the standard electromagnetic click and see that the trunk door tends to open and slightly moves upward (probably 1/2in.). But I cannot fully open it as something holds it. Then I need to press the opener button a second time and after the same standard electromagnetic click, nothing is holding the trunk door anymore, and I already could freely and fully open it.
Do you think it is a manufacturer defect, or maybe it is Mazda's firm feature? :)

You will have to use your model and year to see if there is a TSB, for example.

Thank you!
The year is 2022, and there are no recorded issues related to this year.
I checked the previous years as well, but there are reported issues with the liftgate trunk door only.

I think you can set the remote to open all doors with either one or two clicks. I don't know why the hatch would only open partway with just one click.

I think you can set the remote to open all doors with either one or two clicks. I don't know why the hatch would only open partway with just one click.
What I thought too. The partially open thing makes me think this is not the case and something is wrong.

Back