The Ohio Random Thread... aka We Should Probably Be Working

you can try copart.com but you need to go through a broker to buy in ohio. Next best thing is to call the junk yards to see if they have one.

I go tthe injectors as a back up, I think it is hitting the ol' fuel cut due to the weather. I think also with the 3" turboback exhaust that may have caused issues as well, boost creep.....we'll see, the injectors were donated of course.

I hit fuel cut a lot in the winter on the MS6 with my aftermarket intercooler. It has something to do with the denser air. It gets worse when it is below freezing.

I'm having issues with the MSM in colder weather right now, and I've got 550cc injectors in it. I need to get my work computer back in there and fiddle with a couple little things that i think will help.

I'm having issues with the MSM in colder weather right now, and I've got 550cc injectors in it. I need to get my work computer back in there and fiddle with a couple little things that i think will help.

you know what helps the most... keeping her garaged for the winter :p

I hit fuel cut a lot in the winter on the MS6 with my aftermarket intercooler. It has something to do with the denser air. It gets worse when it is below freezing.

i had the same on my speed3 after the downpipe was in, the HPFP helped, still had stock injectors, after that i had over boost issues

hahaha. May have to ask the tuning shops to tune the cars with ambient air of 70 degrees. LOL.

hahaha. May have to ask the tuning shops to tune the cars with ambient air of 70 degrees. LOL.

i think that would be ideal, but you won't run into over boost, my car had serious issues. if you can add a little more fuel you should be ok, HPFP basically forces more fuel out of the injector so if your injector is up for it you should be fine. any news on the boost controller?

That's like an addict saying they've only done it 3 times but its ok!

We are here for you though. Mazda Addicts Anonymous.

SATimko, Have you dyno'ed your miata?

Umm... yeah, kinda. It went in for tuning, but thanks to the crappy manual boost controller I have, it won't hold boost past 6k rpm. It was around 175 hp @ 6000 rpm at that point. With the mods that are done to the car, 205ish isn't out of the question on a Mustang Dyno. Do some calculations... that's around 260-275 at the crank when done.

how much boost do the MSM's run in stock trim?

If I remember correctly, it was around 6.25 psi. Stock power levels were 178 hp (crank). There are videos of folks who have dyno'd the car stock and pulled about 135-140 whp.

Hit Dragway 42 once and ran a 13.73 @ 103 mph.

Back