The Crocodile Hunter is Dead! :(

gone_fishin said:
I can't close my mouth... I never thought he'd die. If anything should be recognized it should be his insatiable love for life, and animals. What a tragedy. I seriously cannot believe this...
Ditto.

God Bless Steve's family and friends. :(

Man, I expected him to die in a much dumber, much more ironic way.

That is just sad.

Just read about it on yahoo. Thought it was some sort of joke. He was extremely fun to watch and put his life on the line to give us an in depth and close up appreciation of wildlife. There won't ever be another one like him. R.I.P.

damn i just woke up and saw this thread....that sucks...i remember watching him long ago thinking he was insane. but he did have a strong love for life which you dont see very often and an even stronger love for animals and his job. you REALLY never see that. he loved every second of what he did and he died what he loved doing but i feel for his friends and family. a major loss to the entire world. RIP!

God bless him. He died doing what he loved. As for us, we still have the "Wild Boys", that is until Chris Pontius or Steve-O get their yam-sacks bitten off by lord knows what.

a big lose to the world...great man and did a lot to help the animal world with his charities and such. theres a tribute to him on the animal planet right now...

Sad for anyone to go that way (esp. with the kids and his wife of 16 years). IMO, it was wasn't if something like that would happen, but when. He may have been comfortable around [sic: dangerous] animals, but I doubt that the ray was really comfortable with him boxing it on the seabed. When you become too comfortable, mistakes happen.

this is why I hate the news...
from the linked article said:
The Irwins have two children a daughter, Bindi Sue Irwin, eight, and a three-year-old son, Robert (Bob) Clarence Irwin.

Bob was involved in a controversial incident with his father in January, 2004, when he dangled him near a crocodile at Australia Zoo.

Mr Irwin carried his infant son in one arm while feeding a dead chicken carcass to a crocodile with the other hand.

Child welfare and animal rights groups criticised his actions as irresponsible and tantamount to child abuse.

Mr Irwin stated any danger to his son was only a perceived danger and that he was in complete control of the situation.
the man is frecking dead not even a day and they find something to criticize him for.

I heard about his death arround noon today, didn't believe it the first time I heard it, very sad, and for it to happen so suddenly too sucks even more, espically with his kids as young as they are.

crazyiest son of a b**** to walk the Earth.....always put a smile on your face at the end of that 30 min time slot though......He will be sadly missed! (sad2)

the world would be a much better place if there were more people like steve irwin. forget the funny catch phrases. his passion and excitement were contagious. no matter what your mood was if you happen to see him on tv he would bring a smile to your face. hopefully his legacy will be the lessons that he taught about conservation and love for life than just as the guy who said, "crikey!"

Sad, sad day for kids that enjoys his shows and has a better prospective on how cool it is to protect the wildlife and nature in general. I guess it ok since he died doing what he loves best. COndolence to his wife and kid.

JOS3 said:
the world would be a much better place if there were more people like steve irwin. forget the funny catch phrases. his passion and excitement were contagious. no matter what your mood was if you happen to see him on tv he would bring a smile to your face. hopefully his legacy will be the lessons that he taught about conservation and love for life than just as the guy who said, "crikey!"

To be honest, I don't know if his legacy of environmentalism, being a great person, animal lover, etc, etc. will outweigh people's impresison that all he had going was being "...the guy who said "crikey"!"".

After reading the following on StingRays, I know to stay away if I ever see one:

Any of various species (family Dasyatidae) of rays noted for their slender, whiplike tail with barbed, usually venomous spines. Most species inhabit warm seas; a few live in the rivers of South America. Species range in width from 10 in. (25 cm) to 7 ft (2 m). Stingrays eat worms, mollusks, and other invertebrates. These bottom-dwellers often lie partially buried in the shallows, lashing their tail when disturbed. Large stingrays can drive their tail spines into a wooden boat. The spines cause serious, extremely painful wounds that, if abdominal, may be fatal.

R.I.P. Irwin. (sad2)

Sad news. He will be sorely missed for sure. My condolences and sympathy to his wife and children and his family. I read that the Queensland government wants to give him a full state burial, if that is the family's wishes.

I don't like to say this but I am not suprised this happened. I, like many of you was a HUGE fan of his show. I thought (and still do) that he was an awesome guy. BUT part of me always said that you cannot go out there and toy with such dangerous animals without getting bit or as in this case, stabbed. You mess with fire. You get burned. I know he took the proper safety precautions but still.. You can never be too safe.

Atleast he died doing what he loved.

R.I.P. :(

Back