The best intake?

racing beat makes the best one for the NA6s.

Which intake is best... Which sway bar is best... Which tire is best... Which header is best... Ask 5 people you'll get 5 answers.

I know many swear by the Jackson Racing intake.

The best intake, is probably a Cold Side M62 :)

RAIN 5 said:
itb's if staying na =0) ae86 itbs bolt on with lil fab work =) just gonna need a stand alone like a link etc etc
Welcome to the boards Jay! I was waitin for you to sign up over here (thumb)

An easy free thing to do would be to cut the bottom off the stock airbox, just leaving the ring for the filter to seal on, then flip the airbox over facing behind the headlight, and a K&N filter and you're all set.

I have yet to do this on mine as I have some wierd phobia about cutting/modding stock parts that I don't have duplicates from. I am looking for another airbox and cross-over tube so that I can do this.

I was actually thinking of fabricating something like the cowl induction kit that Racing Beat makes. But I guess when it comes down to it...it's whatever suits my needs.(dunno)

For the 94-97 its the Monsterflow from Goodwin, hands down better then the others... not sure if its CARB certified but Dyno charts SHOW that its good for 10 hp gain and thats not just at high rpms but comes on quite a bit sooner. Just hearing that thing suck at idle is SWEEET!

The racing beat is well known but good for 5 from what most people on miata.net say. You could look into a free intake upgrade by cutting some of the firewall and routing a tube to the stock aribox. That is supposedly good for 5 and its free... very simialr to the Randall system I believe.

z00mer said:
I was actually thinking of fabricating something like the cowl induction kit that Racing Beat makes. But I guess when it comes down to it...it's whatever suits my needs.(dunno)
a cold side M62 would fit your needs :)

It's like a M45 but bigger. And since it's bigger, you get increased airflow.

These things are good for what like 75 hp atleast? That's real good for an intake.

;)

z00mer said:
By what design does that product look like (uhm) ? Is it another JR clone?:confused:
supercharger. and instead of mounting over the header, you mount a different intake manifold on, and the supercharger mounts directly on it :) unfourtunity no one makes it for the NA6 yet, just the NA8 nad NB8..

O.K.......here's a dumb question: Where is the site for the ARC?(scratch)
(let the bashing begin......(peep) )

Back