The Beast is Finally Unleashed!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yoichi

I don't post here much but here goes.

Another Success Story from P3.

To make a long story short, last July, I was down at P3 before they moved into their new shop. I had a bunch of work done during that time.
The build consisted of:

Garrett GT3071 w/ custom oil and coolant lines
VTCS Delete
CP-E FMIC
Custom SRI
Oil Catch Can
CP-E Full Control Flash

The install was perfect except we found out that everything that was done to the car induced major boost creep. Up to 24lbs.....

Fast foward to one month ago. I had a chance to acquire just what I needed:
100_0044.jpg

External Wastegate set-up from Whoosh.
Exactly what I needed.

And now this weekend came along and I was going down to P3 for a CP-E pump install
and the External Wastegate install & tune.

A simple job for P3 right???? Of course.......

Until we pull the turbo to find out that my 30R is COMPLETELY shot!!!!!
Major oil leakage and shaft play. A big No-No.

Very dissapointed to see what happened to my turbo, I was in shock until this laying around hehehe:
100_0264.jpg

Cherryspeeds very own GT28R Turbo.

He offered me his turbo to put on my car!!!! How nice of him.
This turbo already had the wastegate welded shut so it was ready to go.
P3 refused to put the 30R back on my car since they knew it was bad news.

Then came another issue. My ATP downpipe did not mate up to the 28R.
What else can go wrong!!!!

Then Josh from CP-E comes into play. He and P3 and I decide we get the CP-E DP to mate up to the 28R.

Now we are all set.

We also decide to run the screamer pipe back into the DP because its gonna be obnoxious and the lack of space.
CP-E welded the Screamer pipe to recirculate back into the dp. What a piece of work. Just Amazing.

6PM today, My car is finally done.

We crank her up and she starts up perfectly fine. A/F right in the 14.7 range and idling perfectly. Dadasracecar(Jason) and Y2Kcowboy(Scott) take my car out for a road tune.

After the road tune, I find out boost is holding perfectly. The boost refuses to go above 18psi.

Impressions:

Man is this the turbo to get!!! What a difference from the 30R. The 30R is much laggier compared to this. Now having both the 28R and the 30R in my car, 28 is the way to go without a doubt. If you are looking for solid reliable power, this is THE turbo to get. With the ATP turbo kits. Many tend to see creep. This EWG setup just holds boost right across. Very very solid. No more creep, no more worries. Car pulls hard to redline. Its unbelievable.
I am not looking for 450whp at all so this is good for me. Its at least a 12 second car without a doubt. All i need now is a clutch and flywheel and the diff mount.

Now I need to get on their dyno to tweak the car a bit more.

This weekend was much more than any of us anticipated and ALOT of work.

I want to thank P3 for their time and effort yet again they put into my car.
All this work was done in a day and a half. Just Amazing.
My car is probably one of if not the most drivable upgraded turbo car in the country. No cut, power till redline, no lag, and most importantly, reliable.

The one worry i have is it is MUCH easier to load the motor up in lower rpms since the turbo spools much quicker.

As of now, This is what is done to my car mechanically

Garrett GT28RS
PG Manifold w/ 44mm External Wastegate
CP-E FMIC
CP-E Standback PnP V2 tuned to 16 psi and 18psi
CP-E Downpipe w/ Screamer pipe welded back into the DP
CP-E CDFP
CP-E Full Control Flash
CP-E Fuel Cut Delete Flash
Custom SRI
Corksport Catback Exhaust
VTCS Delete
Oil Catch Can
HKS SSQV Recirculated
NGK 1 Step Colder Plugs

CP-E needs to sponsor me!!!!!!

Some pics for your veiwing pleasure.

Tial in my engine bay. Aint it Pretty?
100_0297.jpg

Screamer pipe welded back into my DP
100_0296.jpg

Flapper welded shut
100_0261.jpg

P3's new shop and my car being worked on along w/ crazyitalian's beast
100_0289.jpg

My car and cherrys
100_0253.jpg

Thanks P3. Your work is just amazing.
Thanks Josh from CP-E

Robbie, It was a pleasure meeting you. You car is truly a beast

(2thumbs)

Its great to hear success stories about professional companies who really go that extra mile to get you what you paid for. Well done to all concerned for exceeding expecations

Great job sir. Glad to hear. I am working on an additional fueling system for the speed 6 and plan on upgrading my 30r to a 35r. I know where you are at and the instant spool is awesome. I just can't ever sleep at night when I get walked by some srt8 spraying, or a c5 with headwork, c6 with an upgrade or two, or any v8 for that matter. Right now I am in my comfort zone because the 30r is just what the doctor ordered. I've just never been content with close calls. I remember the greatest street race I have ever seen. It was a blacked out rx7 with a t72 vs a kenny bell cobra (over 600hp). That rotary gave him a couple cars at the jump, caught up, paced him on purpose, then full throttled exhaust right in his face as it leaped foward like it was slingshotted from a canon. The sound was indescribable. This is my addiction and I learned along time ago, with this addiction, you are never content.

Last edited:
how the heck is your car btw?

running like a champ. thank you cp-e for the fuel cut fix/flash. I do advise everyone get this done, even if you are stock along with the full control flash for the throttle plate. Talk to Jordan at cp-e. He is the man. I ordered that medieval motorsport 3/16 stainless turbo manifold so we will see how well it works. Other than that, just doing a little bit here and there so the car can support a 35r at 30psi. This summer is going to be THE summer.

sounds sick man. Does p3 have a website? I am looking for a shop that knows our cars and these guys sem like the place to go for my build that I am planning...

running like a champ. thank you cp-e for the fuel cut fix/flash. I do advise everyone get this done, even if you are stock along with the full control flash for the throttle plate. Talk to Jordan at cp-e. He is the man. I ordered that medieval motorsport 3/16 stainless turbo manifold so we will see how well it works. Other than that, just doing a little bit here and there so the car can support a 35r at 30psi. This summer is going to be THE summer.

Any numbers for your car yet?

Also 30psi on a 35R is awesome but no cams and valve springs for these cars yet. You NEED a higher rev limit to fully take advantage of the 30psi.

Goods Luck and keep us posted

Good job Yoichi! Can't wait to see you at the tracks this summer hopefully. So, is the the first MS6 Tow Plate on your car?

And also, so what is the better/faster/stronger car now? The 350z or the MS6?

Nice work man, that is pretty! I'm assuming you're still running stock internals by your sig? I was thinking of going with the 30R down the road with the EWG after hearing about the boost creep, but if it's laggy, then it's not what I want. For being a daily driven car, this sounds like THE setup to get. Nice work and P3 deserves a huge pat on the back for the job well done!

Back