2011 Mazda3 iSport
Porsche Panamera Gran Turismo
porpan_turbo_10_3_gallery_image_lar.jpg

porpan_turbo_10_1_gallery_image_lar.jpg

porpan_turbo_10_5_gallery_image_lar.jpg

porpan_turbo_10_4_gallery_image_lar.jpg

porpan_int_10_10_gallery_image_larg.jpg

porpan_int_10_5_gallery_image_large.jpg

These are the first official pictures of the Porsche Panamera Gran Turismo. Which is annoying. The car is obviously ready for production, so we might have been able to see it for real at the Paris or Los Angeles car shows. And Porsche isn’t even bothering with the Detroit bash in January. But who can predict the whims of Weissach?

Here it is, then: Porsche’s first sedan in all its four-door glory. Since aesthetics are so subjective, let’s leave opinion on styling to the eye of the beholder and get on with some info about the hardware. On this occasion, the engine is in the front, providing the first surprise -- power will be supplied by V-6 or V-8 engines (no trademark flat-sixes here), with a range of muscle stretching from 300 to 500 horsepower. Some will be turbocharged, and all will feature direct fuel injection for optimum efficiency.

Surprise No. 2 -- somewhere down the line is a hybrid-powered version. It’s not clear from Porsche how soon it will arrive, although the company also has plans for a Cayenne SUV hybrid. Perhaps next year’s L.A. Auto Show might see a debut along these lines, because Southern California is a major market for Porsche and hybrids alike.

The Panamera will deploy rear-wheel drive, like all good sporty cars should, but there will be an option for all-wheel drive. Gears are shifted by a six-speed manual transmission or the company’s new PDK double-clutch, seven-speed, super-duper gearbox.

The two rear seats may fold down to take extra luggage, and the car has a coupe-like tailgate. Because Porsche likes to call this a “four-door grand touring sports car,” it's only natural that more cargo space would follow.

Prices, performance figures and trim levels are promised for next spring, probably at the Geneva auto show in March, and the Panamera goes on sale throughout the world next summer.

-- Colin Ryan

Photo credit: Porsche

( http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/uptospeed/2008/11/the-porsche-pan.html )

Car & Driver also had their stab at the newest Porsche...
http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews...he_panamera_official_photos_and_info_car_news

Last edited:
Looks like a crazy ass stretch 911. I'm not a huge fan.

it looks like one of those crazy one off vehicles that the sultan of brunei has people build for him.

hahaha I love it. Truth!

Holy smokes (boom02), I thought it was a photochop...

Oh well, if the Cayenne succeeded, hell, they just need to come with a pickup truck now and they are all set, LOL

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't care for it, but then again I wont be able to buy one so they don't care about my opinion.

I dont know man... Im not feeling it right now. Looks way to station wagon ish for me. And I usually am a fan of porsche and their styling.

I don't know what it is about this car, but I just don't like the way it looks. I love wagons and hatches, but something about the Panamera just doesn't seem to fit.

Here is a Porsche station wagon!
porsche-panamera_sf2.jpg

I wish this was the production Panamare I think it looks a lot better.
68.jpg

Believe it or not i saw a car hauler with 8 of these last week driving through Edmonton. They had no badges on them but I could tell it was a porsche with the tailights (same as my boss's 911). They also had a very distinctive spoiler that had squares cut out of it. If you search for more pics of the car you will find them. I didn't know porsche made a 4 door so i came home and searched that night and thats the same car. They were right beside me on the highway. I don't know what they were doing coming through Edmonton....

Back