Tell me what you think

02semiata

Hey guys I wanted to know what you think of this MSP I found on cars.com I am in need a of a new daily driver for work and I think this would do great. It is a 03 with 60k for $9990. The car is at a used car dealer so I am sure I can talk them down. I did some reading last night of common problems with the car. Anything else I should look for on my test drive or when I look at the car. I am going to take my race ramps so I can look under the car. I hope everything is in good working order :). Thanks for the space guys

http://www.cars.com/go/search/detai...eId=28112&rpp=50&feedSegId=28705&aff=national

Seems kinda high if you ask me. Look in the FS section here. You can get some nice MSPs for thousands less. That being said, I would take the intake pipe off the turbo and check for abnormal play in the turbo. Check all the vacuum hoses...........on second thought.......just test drive it and look it over really good. There are some known issues with these cars so I suggest searching through all the threads as much as you can stand. But seriously that is a high priced MSP IMHO......maybe 8k.

They are great cars if you take care of them. 174xxx on my stock MSP ;-)

Thanks for the info man. As for the price its a dealer car so of course there is mark up. I bet they got the car for around 5-7k. I am sure they will knock a few grand to help close the deal. I know its a rare car but with the mazdaspeed 3 out and so cheap used I dont think there is very much damand for the MSP. I have a 02 miata that I used to daily before It became more or less a track car and it has never skipped a beat. I am sure the MSP will be just as strong :)

Too much. And instead of starting a new thread you should have posted here: http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/show...ing-at-buying-a-MSP-and-want-advice-Post-here!

Go to kbb.com/used-cars and don't pay much more than what their trade-in value suggest unless the car is low mileage and truely in excellent condition. The MSRP was $20,500 in 2003. New 2003.5/7s were sold for less than what the 2003s went for on average.

Thanks for the link man. I plan to pay cash so maybe he will sell for around 8 OTD. Who knows.

Its worth $6750 if its in excellent condition. So I bet they will gladly sell it to your for $8K.

KBB shows 7k fair 8k excellent. I am going to start at 7k and see what happens. I just hope the car is in good shape. Also I am loving the car as it will match my ti gary miata lol

Damm that cheap. Thats why I posted make sure I know whats what before I go. Thanks man :)

Your welcome. I love my MSP and its been virtually trouble free since buying it new. Went to the dealer twice for the flash and bushings. Almost 86k on the odometer with many original parts except for those replaced for performance improvements or wear and tear.

Your welcome. I love my MSP and its been virtually trouble free since buying it new. Went to the dealer twice for the flash and bushings. Almost 86k on the odometer with many original parts except for those replaced for performance improvements or wear and tear.

Great to know. I will be putting around 1000 miles a month on the car. I am a computer field tech so the car will see a lot of miles. I did want to ask you guys how big is the trunk and if the rear seats fold. The rear seats is not a deal braker but I would like a ok size trunk that is flat

Make sure you are barginning up from the trade-in value and not the private party BS. That's closer to dealer wholesale pricing.

The rear seats do fold down and the stock sub enclosure limits the size of what you can put in the trunk. That said I've had mine jammed to the brim on many occassions. Just have to pack it right.

Make sure you are barginning up from the trade-in value and not the private party BS. That's closer to dealer wholesale pricing.

The rear seats do fold down and the stock sub enclosure limits the size of what you can put in the trunk. That said I've had mine jammed to the brim on many occassions. Just have to pack it right.

Can I remove the rear sub.

Back