Talk me out of Bilstein PSS-10

Yea the whole build thread is for a DD which I can autocross and I have the bilsteins. I have a lot of information in my build thread about why I set up the car the way I did and it made a big difference to optimize it.

Yea the whole build thread is for a DD which I can autocross and I have the bilsteins. I have a lot of information in my build thread about why I set up the car the way I did and it made a big difference to optimize it.
I'm reading through all your stuff now, fascinating. I'm only on page 5, but higher seems better in several ways, more travel, fewer issues with suspension geometry. And I personally don't like the attention grabbing "my car is way modified" look.

OK, do I need to buy bumpstops, if so which ones? I have GC on the Miata Billies. The progressive ones.

Thanks you folks, I got the Bilsteins and they are really good. Installed them, aligned the car, and succesfully completed a TSD Rally without testing the Corksport skid plate. They do change the dynamics of the car some, but the positives outweigh the negatives. The ride can get choppy at times but never tiring. The valving seems quite good for the spring rates and the mass of the car. The instructions suck and I thank you all for providing better advice here. I would like to up the front height and drop the rear a touch, in order to flatten the car some. In the gravel sections of the rally the suspension did an admirable job of keeping the car on the intended path, even if the tight turns benefitted from a bit of e-brake help. I could have LFB'd those sections but I did not anticipate such action and therefore did not disable the interlock per Andy Hollis' posted procedure at startup.

In summary, I highly recommend this 800 dollar modification, if you follow the reccomended tweaks posted by ZPS and SE and Racebrewer.

Back