T3/T4, RPM spool, Stage1

midnightracr

:
Mazda,MP3
Ok most of u guys already know I'm getting the Stage1 in March. Thanks to all the guys that helped answer my questions. Ok my question is I plan on upgrading in the future and hope to get 300hp out of it. Since I plan on upgrading i was going to buy his race manifold and considering getting the T3/T4 turbo to replace the T3. First when will it start to spool and what rpm will it be at max spool. I want it to spool around 2500 rpm and be at max at 3000 to 3500 rpm. I understand the T3 has basically the same spool up but I'm looking for a turbo that will pull good at lower rpm's and pull really hard on top. Also is there anyplace I could get a 3inch downpipe in place of the 2.50. Hopefully it won't be overkill on his Stage 1. Thanx in advance

you might want to be careful running a t3/t4 non intercooled. Keep the psi low.

Spend your money on a good Bar and plate intercooler before you even consider more boost let alone the t3/t4 which is going to stuff it with more hot air. The manifold is worthwile, but keep the t3 get a (emphasised again) Bar and Plate intercooler and 3" dp. Then save up for engine management/injectors. Then we will get to you LSD and $700 axels. Once all those are complete, think about an upgrade for your turbo. Good luck but just my $.02

Sdrotary2 said:
Then we will get to you LSD and $700 axels. Once all those are complete, think about an upgrade for your turbo. Good luck but just my $.02

What do you mean by "we"?? ?

LSD and axles for 700$??

Well the only reason I was considering putting the T3/T4 on was that I would be done with it. I wouldn't have to go through the trouble in buying another one taking my old one off and putting the new one on. Buy one put it on and be done with it. But i do understand where u are comming from though. If I did put that one on i would only run the 4psi that the kit calls for. Another words I was going to go by the book. It's just that I would already have the larger turbo on already. I do understand that it will flow more hot air but I was thinking if I keep it at 4psi I would be ok. MP5JEFF where did u get the 3 inch downpipe at? What I'm asking is if I buy the Stage1 & run only 4psi, then upgrade to the stage2 & run 10psi will I be able to get away with the T3/T4 if I go exactly by that. One more thing this website rocks

T3/T4 at 4 psi is probably pushing it if you're only supposed to go to 4 psi on a T3. T3/T4 or any other turbo of that size is asking for trouble at 10 psi without fuel and timing control. . .so, time to read the book again. . . :D

I do think you have a point to get the big one and go from there, but what the limits will be I do not know. There are a couple T3/T4 setups out there, hopefully they can post to help.

i think a T3/T4 will be good for high rpms power.
In terms of heat charged air, i think a T4 will be colder than a T3/T3.

Forget the power on 2500rpms on a T3/T4. I think you will spool it fine for high end power.

Give me a few moments im looking for "the book"

LOL..When I meant going by the book I meant doing exactly what his turbo stages called for. I've decided to go ahead and stick with the T3 and upgrade later. I was thinking about it and there's no fun in not being able to tweak on your car. Thanx for the help. But where can I find the 3 inch downpipe?

a 3 inch downpipe will be very hard to fit in the engine bay. Anyway, a 3inch downpipe is not needed. You should stick to the 2.5 inch DP for clearance purposes and then do the rest of the exhaust pipe in 3inches.
No power loss at all, since the exhaust gases will be so hot!
You need bigger exhaust later, where the gases get colder and fills the pipes.

GOTZOOM is running a t3/t4, intercooled though. I would def. not run that turbo w/o a intercooler.

I was deff going to put on a 3" exhaust along with a universal Apexi Dunk exhaust welded on. I don't know how much longer I can go without hearing that saaweeeet sound of the turbo spooling up. Just one question when it spools up to it's max can people going down the street hear it too if they have there windows down

I am getting my turbo kit together..it's an oversized t3..the fucker is huge..I don't belive you will need a t3/t4...but if you do..make sure you get a ball bearing turbo..you will atleast be able to spool that monster up faster..and not as much lag...compared to a non ball bearing turbo..And defintely go w/ the 3" exhuast..not sure about downpipe..but if you could fit a 3" go for it..i know i can..but i am going w/ a 2.5" downpipe..to a 3" exhuast!

And Definetly run an intercooler..i am not goin to for the winter..but spring comes around..i will defintely be putting one on!!

Be forwarned..non intercooled kits..at high psi's mean..lots of hot air..i would stay below 6psi..until you get intercooled!

Chas

Back