Super Weekend at the Brickyard - July 27 - 29, 2012

Coppertone

:
'04 Mazda6s Hatch
Grand-Am racing will be on Friday, July 27.

For the first time ever at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway, GRAND-AM Road Racing will conduct separate races for its Rolex Sports Car Series and Continental Tire Sports Car Challenge on the 13-turn IMS road course on Friday, July 27, 2012. Featured drivers include four-time Indianapolis 500 driver and four-time Rolex Daytona Prototype champion Scott Pruett, 2005 Indianapolis 500 12th-place finisher and four-time CART series champion Sebastien Bourdais, NASCAR Sprint Cup Series star A.J. Allmendinger and two-time Indianapolis 500 driver and current NASCAR Camping World Truck Series star Max Papis. GRAND-AM Road Race Manufacturers include Chevrolet, Ford, BMW and Porsche.

Infield parking will fill up fast, so get your tickets soon to guarantee an infield spot!

CorralCarClubFlyer_print6.jpg

plus we are working on a camping package ... more info to follow.

for additional information:
http://secure.brickyard.com/Tickets/SuperWeekend.aspx

Last edited:
Pricey if all you care about is the Grand-Am race but should be a great weekend nonetheless. This is awesome news.

Compared to Mid-Ohio, yeah. But almost every race in the season is more expensive than Mid-Ohio too...

I'm in for this, surprise surprise...

I want to try and make it out too. I've never been to the Brickyard.

Met with with a Rep from Indy and we are working on a Thursday/Friday Grand-Am Package only, so stay tuned for more info. We may roll out the Castrol Package for this event.

FYI - i booked our hotel room for this. we are staying at the Days Inn & Suites Northwest Indianapolis on Payne Branch Rd. as of right now there seems to be a plethora of available rooms within 10 miles of the track, at a bunch of hotels at pretty low rates ~$50/night ... but i didn't want to wait until it's too late. i book my rooms through wyndham rewards and i don't get charged on my credit card until we check in and i have until a day or two beforehand to cancel if i want with no penalty. pretty sweet deal, so i booked our rooms for WI and CA tonight too! better to book now and cancel later if you change your mind. just watch the cancellation policy of wherever you book.

I booked our room for Thu and Fri night. At this point i'm thinking we will drive out early thu am since it's only a 4.5 hour drive. as with most things, that is subject to change ...

Last edited:
Alrighty, Ladies and Gents.... Some info for you!

CAR CORRAL PACKAGES

Friday Only ($50 per person)
• Friday General Admission Ticket (Grand-Am events)
• Friday Infield Car Corral Parking Pass*
• IMS Dash Plaque
• IMS Souvenir
• $5 Retail coupon on IMS Merchandise**
• Driver Meet and Greet
• $15 Track Scan rental coupon
• Club Name on Video Boards

$50 per person ($85 value)

Thursday/Friday:
• Thursday General Admission Ticket (Nationwide practice)
• IMS Dash Plaque
• IMS Souvenir
• Driver Meet and Greet

$60 per person ($95 value)

Sunday Only:
• 1 Race Day ticket in the Northeast Vista Turn or Southwest Vista**
• Sunday Infield Car Corral Parking Pass*
• 2 Indianapolis Motor Speedway souvenirs TBD
• 1 $5 retail coupon on IMS Merchandise
• A $15 discount on a Track Scan rental

A $140 value for only $100**!
**If you are interested in tickets in other grandstands ranging in price from $85 to $105, let us know as we may be able to accommodate your request.
Full Weekend:

Super Weekend Package ($180-$240 per person)(no Thursday)
• Driver Meet and Greet
• Saturday General Admission or Reserved Seat Ticket (NASCAR Sprint Cup Qualifications and NASCAR Nationwide Series Race)
• Saturday Infield Car Corral Parking Pass*
• Sunday Reserved Seat Ticket (NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Race)
• IMS Dash Plaque
• IMS Souvenir

 Price depends on Reserved Seats vs. General Admission. Better pricing will be available for Reserved Seats purchases. The price will range from $180 to $240 per person.

Super Weekend Package ($190-$250 per person)(with Thursday)
• Thursday: General Admission Ticket
• Driver Meet and Greet
• Saturday General Admission or Reserved Seat Ticket (NASCAR Sprint Cup Qualifications and NASCAR Nationwide Series Race)
• Saturday Infield Car Corral Parking Pass*
• Sunday Reserved Seat Ticket (NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Race)
• IMS Dash Plaque
• IMS Souvenir

 Price depends on Reserved Seats vs. General Admission. Better pricing will be available for Reserved Seats purchases. The price will range from $190 to $250 per person.

 To Purchase: Call (800) 822-INDY or visit IMSTix.com/promotions & enter promo code B400CC

Bumperoni!!

only 4 weeks away!! update of some of the info posted in this thread previously:

there will NOT be a Castrol package with Dyno, etc (if you haven't heard yet, they've pulled out for the rest of the season)

Since nothing is going on Thursday, we will drive out thursday afternoon ... and leave some time on Saturday to come home ...

let's get a list going to see who(if anyone) wants to roll out together ... i figure i'll work 1/2 day thursday so maybe leave CLE about 3pm-ish?

1. Lauri & Marlon
2. Phen

Tom, Truc and I will be there. We are also leaving on Thrusday and have a room within a couple miles of the track. Give me a call when you guys get into town and maybe we can hook up for dinner and I can get my shirts. Lol

Tom, Truc and I will be there. We are also leaving on Thrusday and have a room within a couple miles of the track. Give me a call when you guys get into town and maybe we can hook up for dinner and I can get my shirts. Lol

that'll be GREAT considering I've been trying to get them to you since Daytona! : ) lol

and it would be nice to see you again, too!

Made a reminder in my phone to make sure we contact you.

Below is the ticket link that will take you right to the ticket ordering page for the car corral ticket offer.

http://secure.brickyard.com/Promotions/Promotions.aspx?Promotion=B400CC

a note from Grand-Am:

"If any of your members have already purchased a general admission ticket, they can still park in the corral if they like. Please have them contact Kim Snider at 317-492-8413 or email her at ksnider@brickyard.com for a corral parking pass. I believe the cost is $20 for Friday."

according to the track, there has only been ONE mazda car corral ticket purchased ... i KNOW more of you are attending ... take note and see you there!!

Totally looking forward to Friday!

where's the "LIKE" button when you need it? ^^ ditto ^^

i have to go on the pre race fan walk and take a pic of me on 'the bricks' ... my Doc doesn't believe me about the start/finish line ... he never heard it being called "the Brickyard" ... i had to educate him as best i could ...

Me too. I also need to buy a couple of Pruett's books and have him sign them. One for my new cousin Eli, and one for my friend's daughter.

For those joining us, we are located between the pond and the back straight near the pedestrian bridge

Back