2017~2024 Stock Battery?

Pitter

Pitter
Contributor
:
2020 CX-5 Signature Azul Metalico
What is the brand and reference of the stock CX-5 Signature battery?

Probably a Panasonic.

Not that that matters. Just get one that has a decent price and fits. Everstart Maxx is usually a good deal.

Upvote 0
What is the brand and reference of the stock CX-5 Signature battery?
Does your CX-5 Signature in Colombia have i-stop and / or i-ELOOP? If it doesn’t, it gets “standard” Panasonic flooded battery from factory like we get in the US:

B57FCBFC-D0A5-479E-9BFF-89837B16C807.jpeg

If it does, it gets “High Performance” Panasonic flooded battery for “Stop & Start” from factory like this:

6D9CFD83-50C1-424B-BFA6-FB27BCF144E4.jpeg

“Group 35” is the size used in the US on CX-5. But this spec is only used in the US, not in other regions.

Upvote 0
Well of course mine was just changed but here's what the replacement looks like. I can't see the brand.

Screen Shot 2021-09-01 at 10.29.36 AM.png

Upvote 0
Well of course mine was just changed but here's what the replacement looks View attachment 302713 like. I can't see the brand.
Do you have i-stop? And / or I-ELOOP? If you have i-stop, you’ll see a “i-stop” button next to those traction control buttons.

Your replacement battery seems to be well designed. I especially like the build-in handle which hide nicely flat. With flat cell caps, the whole battery too is totally flat other than 2 posts. It definitely is not from the US. The brand name could be started with “SE ⋯” on the yellow part of label. Capacity specs are 12 V and 60 Ah nominal, which is fairly standard for a car battery with Group 35 size. The Reserve power capacity is 95 minutes, and the CCA (@0°F / 17.8°C) is 400 Amps.

Upvote 0
Thank you. I checked and Mazda in Colombia uses Willard batteries as replacements so that's what I have. No I don'tsee anything that indicates I have i-stop or I-ELOOP.

Took a look at Consumer Reports and no Willard batteries appear in their battery reports.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Back