Stereo Wiring Diagram/Pin Outs and Stereo Removal Instructions for the CX-5

Caspan

:
2013 Mazda CX-5
Wiring Diagram/Pin Outs and Stereo Removal for Base Stereo (Not Bose)

I have tried to update existing posts with this information but I also wanted to start a thread so people can find it when searching, maybe an moderator can pin this thread?

Attached are the Removal instructions for the Stereo and the CX-5 wiring diagram and pin outs

These are right from Mazda Parts and their official system for their repair team. I hope it's okay to post this information!

Also this is for my base model CX-5 with the convince package from Canada I have no idea if it is different for different models!

Attachments

• CX-5 Wiring Diagram.pdf
    113.4 KB · Views: 10,333
  • CX-5 Stereo Removal.pdf
    211.1 KB · Views: 7,467
Last edited:
this is the standard audio system right? i see notes of 'without bose' on parts of it, any chance you could get them to hand over the bose diagrams?

You are correct this is for the base system with Bluetooth\color screen package added. I doubt I can ask for those documents mainly because I don't have that system :) All Mazda dealerships have access to this online program through Mazda. It is how their team figures out how to open stuff up they have never touched. I would go to your dealer and ask if they can provide it for you most would be glad to help someone that just spent $30 grand plus on a new vehicle.

Any idea which of the connectors on the back of the LCD radio unit goes to the mic for the system? I ask because I'm thinking about installing a mic in the same place as the mic on the bose system, under the engine start button.

Not sure if anyone noticed but on the wiring diagram does it not look like the connectors are there for the tweeters??

Any idea which of the connectors on the back of the LCD radio unit goes to the mic for the system? I ask because I'm thinking about installing a mic in the same place as the mic on the bose system, under the engine start button.

Are you not happy with the factory mics. I have people tell me they cannot believe how clear it sounds? Also not this wiring diagram is for the base factory system with and without the touch screen and not for the Bose but it should still show the mic wires for it.

Not sure if anyone noticed but on the wiring diagram does it not look like the connectors are there for the tweeters??

I was told factory for the base model has 6 speakers. 4 in the doors and 2 in the dash. Again I am in Canada and i bought the base model with the convenience package which game me the touch screen stereo. Hope that helps

I was told factory for the base model has 6 speakers. 4 in the doors and 2 in the dash. Again I am in Canada and i bought the base model with the convenience package which game me the touch screen stereo. Hope that helps

I'm in Canada too and I was told only 4 speakers in the base model with convenience package.

I'm in Canada too and I was told only 4 speakers in the base model with convenience package.

You could be correct when I looked at the site they only have listed on the base model

"Compact disc (MP3-capable) with 4 speakers"

The next package up has

"6 speakers (ilo 4)"

Highest model has

"BOSE Audio system w/9 speakers"

Which is making me think after looking at the wiring diagram that we should be able to install some tweeters. Im assuming that all the correct wiring is there for the six speakers. Why would Mazda make 3 different harnesses when they only need to make 2. Ill have to check once I pick mine up. Its been a long wait but its here saturday.

I think hte connectors are there for most things. I aske dth edealer for the wiring diagram for the Bose System. The Info I received in returen is simply labeled "Audio System" One of the pages show the wire runs throughout the car. It looks like a common harness. See attached.

Attachments

• CX5AudioSysWiring1small.jpg
    CX5AudioSysWiring1small.jpg
    178.6 KB · Views: 73,805
Is there any chance there is a way to put a AV input? For a DVD player or possibly a front camera?

The base touch screen stereo cannot do AV in or your own camera. Your car needs to have smarts in it to do the backup camera so that it switches to it when you backup etc. So anything base I am going to say no and even if you have one with a camera and you want to plug in a DVD player then there would be no audio and you could only watch it while driving in reverse.

I have the base sport model, without the color display. I have an existing siriusxm receiver. Does anyone know if the siriusxm antenna is accessible on models that don't have satellite radio as an option? I'd rather not run my little magnetic antenna to the outside of my new car. As it is, I have it sitting on the dash. :-/
I looked through the diagrams, but didn't see it.
Thanks.

The dealer Sirus receiver install instructions include putting in an antenna - it does not look easy...

Mazda Radio Pin Outs

Folks,
I stumbled upon a a good explanation of the pinouts for the audio connector on the Mazda radios. The wiring colors vary but the pin positions on the plug seem to be the same (Bose and non-Bose). The information actually came from an Miata/RX8 site but the data seems correct. I used it to install a 600W 10" sub on my CX-5 (successfully) that I now plan to upgrade to 12" 1200w.

See attached doc.

Attachments

• MazdaRadioPinOut.pdf
    33.9 KB · Views: 1,899
Back