steering wheel swap?

:
2k Protege LX
Is it possible? Has anybody else done this? My steering wheel right now is cracking and falling apart in some areas so I would really like to put in a different one, preferably from another mazda

I've been thinking the same,i would like to swap for the 2001/03 steering wheel.
I hope is just an easy transition and nothing that requires buying more stuff other than the steering wheel and airbag.

DSCF0162.jpg

Very simple to swap wheels. I am using a Nardi Torino Wheel from a JDM RX7, which is very similar to the Miata one. The 01-03 protege wheel, MSP, and MP3 Wheels are all interchangeable with the 99-00 wheels as well. So plenty of wheel options out there. The only thing that might be different is the plug for the cruise control buttons, My wheel doesnt have them so I eliminated CC from my car.

That's good to know. I do have cruise and would like to keep it for my long distance drives so I would have to get one with it correct?

well there are write ups on how to modify the Nardi wheels to mount your cruise controls sane concepts can be applied to the MSP/MP3 Wheels too.

Back