starting ????

Got a question, its cold out again up her in alberta (canada)and when i start my ms3 with my car starter it puffs black smoke. Is this common?

Car starter? For a guess, I'd say the computer is pumping in lots more fuel to wake her up.

don't know how cold you're talking about...but i've started mine up on cold mornings (relatively cold to me here in delaware USA) and don't get any color to the exhaust. mostly just moderatly thick and white as it should be from buring off the moisture in the piping

don't know how cold you're talking about...but i've started mine up on cold mornings (relatively cold to me here in delaware USA) and don't get any color to the exhaust. mostly just moderatly thick and white as it should be from buring off the moisture in the piping

-14 this morning, its not just a little puff of smoke, i will do a video tmw

Yeah she runs a little rich for the first few seconds when she's cold. Mine pukes a little black at -15 and lower when it hasn't run in a while. I don't think any car has proper combustion when its that cold until they get a few strokes in. After about 15 seconds the engine starts to sound normal, starts erupting steam like it should, and makes my bottles of booze in my cupboard rattle with bass (one resonator delete). I'm sure my neighbours love me when I have to warm up my car at 6:00am on the weekend considering my driveway straddles the two houses.

Wait a second...car starter? Did you bypass the clutch safety switch? Considering my car stall if you dump the clutch after starting it cold (gear oil frozen solid) I'm suprised the starter motor and batter can turn all the syrup.

Last edited:
Back