Spy Photos: Turbocharged Ford Fiesta ST Caught in Dearborn

TinmanMS6

:
2012 Subaru WRX
fiesta-ecoboost-f34-1600-thumb-717x477.jpg

You didn't think the 2011 Ford Fiesta was going to be stuck with a wimpy 120-horsepower, four-cylinder forever did you? Well, maybe you did, but our latest spy photos prove there's a hotter version of the Fiesta hatchback in the works.

As you can see, this Fiesta prototype not only looks a little different on the outside, it appears to have a few hardware upgrades as well. The faint sight of an intercooler up front confirms that the presence of an Ecoboost powerplant. Exactly which one is tough to tell at this point. Ford has already officially announced that it will build both 1.6- and 2.0-liter versions of the Ecoboost four-cylinder, but rumors of a 1.4-liter version have also been thrown around.

Also note the new set of wheels, low-profile performance tires and dual exhaust tips. Not a bad combination of upgrades eh? Expect to hear more about the Fiesta with Ecoboost later this year.

fiesta-ecoboost-r34-1600-thumb-717x477.jpg

fiesta-ecoboost-det-2-1600-thumb-717x477.jpg

fiesta-ecoboost-det-1600-thumb-717x477.jpg

fiesta-ecoboost-whl-1600-thumb-717x477.jpg

Kinda disappointed that Ken Block will be driving one of those (heavily modified of course) instead of the Subie. It's cool, but not nearly the same!

It would be interesting to see this car on the road if it makes is past the test stage.

-Derrick

I thought I read somewhere this and the mazda 2 were based on the same platform.

I thought I read somewhere this and the mazda 2 were based on the same platform.

yup

Awesome, a 5-door please :D

and yup!

this would be sweet. i just wonder what the price would be. if it would still get 40mpg, and be under 20k, i would be very happy!

although the 2 is suppose to be a lot lighter than the fiesta. we shall see when we can actually buy one.

Back