Springs and various variables

mazdaspeedpower

Contributor
:
2003.5 Titanium MSP
Ok so I'm thinking of getting some springs come spring.(what a theme). I'm getting a 1.5inch drop if I go springs. My question is..who runs this drop with 18's? with a proper offset on the rims it should fit correct? Also will their be rubbing issues if I carry a s*** load of stuff in the back and passengers? and how bout with my 15inch winter steelies, any issues there or what? I just wanna know if the 1.5inch drop is gonna cause any of this s***....how will my car look with 18's an no drop? 4x4 or no?

don't get lowering springs w/ 18s if you want to fully load the car and not rub. you have to make a trade off.

how much do you carry in the back? It's not rare for me to have 3 rear passengers(average weight..well, a skinny, a fat, and normal...so average)...and a trunk full of liquid beverages for the cottage. SO lets say in the trunk round 100 pounds of stuff(beer, cloths, electronics, condoms, chips, soap..and not in that order)

oh yeah, and your rims and lowering are quite possible the best thing I've seen on the MSP...looks close to stock...yet so much better. The way the car should've been. Not my style( i want a darker rim) but man, it looks so good. I think that everytime I see it, and have thought about it many times...whats the rim/tire/susp. setup?

the wheels are enkei rpo3s. i suggest you stop thinking so hard about whether you'll tub with 300lbs vs 350lbs of passenger weight. do what you want and if you rub, work from there.

But I don't even want to worry. I just wanna be able to get it and go and not wonder if maybe this time she'll rub or not.

mazdaspeedpower said:
oh yeah, and your rims and lowering are quite possible the best thing I've seen on the MSP...looks close to stock...yet so much better. The way the car should've been. Not my style( i want a darker rim) but man, it looks so good. I think that everytime I see it, and have thought about it many times...whats the rim/tire/susp. setup?

Thanks. The rims are Enkei RPO3's in the SBC finish. They are 18x7.5 with a +48 offset. The tires are 215 35's and I have Tein SS coilovers. Its not a real good pic of the car. The rims look bright as hell. In person they are a much darker looking chrome. I have a box with three tens in the trunk and I drove cross country with the car loaded with stuff with no problems.

I either have them set at the stiffest setting or 3 clicks from it. It depends on what I'm going to go do and if the GF is with me.

Back