Spongy brakes, bleeding doesn't work (2013 Mazda5)

Never go solely on numbers printed or stamped on a part. Those are considered ENGINEERING numbers and NOT part numbers. They are indeed similar and usually clue you into the area of the car but are RARELY able to be cross referenced.

Never go solely on numbers printed or stamped on a part. Those are considered ENGINEERING numbers and NOT part numbers. They are indeed similar and usually clue you into the area of the car but are RARELY able to be cross referenced.

In this case however, if you search for this particular part for 2010-2015 Mazda 5 on eBay or other places online, the listing will refer to it by C513437AZB or more commonly C5Y3437AZB.

any updates on this one????

Does anybody tried a HCU coming from a ford vehicle???

Did a spin on filter conversion, the brakes turned little bit better afterwards?? that was weird...

Tried several times the bad road slamming brakes solution to un stuck the valves and that never worked for me, after the rattling of the ABS usually the pedal felt worse to the point that I had to reset the abs module taking the fuse out for a few minutes and I was getting my spongy brakes back.

Like an hour ago went to slam the brakes again, after 1st attempt the pedal sunk down like a mother but this time after pumping once I got the brakes back.

Continued slamming the brakes several times and brakes now are a little bit better than before, my problem is that I never seen one of this mazda 5s with good brakes so I do not know what to expect from the brakes, nor how they actually have to feel.

I can tell now brakes feel a lot firmer than ever. Will bleed the brakes a little just in case something is still there moving around and wait for the best.

Hope someone here did the experiment with a ford fusion hcu....??? anyone??

Thanks.

Normally, I'd say that if the part looks the same across the brands, it will work but I looked up the part "C5Y3-43-7AZB" and it is ONLY for Mazda 5 2012-2015 2.5L engine. That is too too specific for my liking. Meaning that I was expecting it to fit earlier years and other models like the Mazda 3, etc.

I would stick with exactly the part listed for this car.

Brakes on the Mazda 5 should feel "normal" like any other car when they are working correctly.

Back