Splash Guards

I have a 2008 GT in white. Mazda does not offer front splash guards for cars that have the side sill extensions. I really need to find something, as I am constantly having to remove tar globs. I prefer not drilling new holes. Any ideas appreciated.
Thanks

The problem is the side sill. But strategically placed in the wheel wells are pry-off plastic points that reveals holes on the fender pre-drilled and paint protected. ready to accept a MZ5 OE splash guard. Only thing is there is none for the GT.

So just go to the nearest Canadian tire, and get an off the shelf splash guard, you have do to some trimming. I suggest to just make it flat and avoid leaving part of that can rub on the side painting. Splash guard regularly hit the grarage ramps and speed bumps and they move and rub. happened to me.

for mounting screw, I used those drywall plastic mounting thinges. shove the plastic 'nut' into the predrilled holes, and got a stainless steel screw to mount the splash guard.

As for why you need a splash guard come winter:

http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=123688&d=1201268955

http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=121923&d=1198717335

http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=121924&d=1198717335

Imagine those snow/salt mixture ending up underneath the side sill slowly building rust on the metals parts that we dont see.

Last edited:
I have not seen the splashguard for the GS. The GS has no side-sill so I assume the front splashguard must be molded to exact fit for the GS - that will make it difficult to modify to fit on the GT.

Until they come up with splashguard for the GT, I suggest using a simple flat surfaced splashguard - for the winter season.

I have the molded for the sport (GS) and I would not try to modify them. They really aren't long enough.

I'd stick with a cheap straight set and be done, but that's just me.

The problem is the side sill. But strategically placed in the wheel wells are pry-off plastic points that reveals holes on the fender pre-drilled and paint protected. ready to accept a MZ5 OE splash guard. Only thing is there is none for the GT.

So just go to the nearest Canadian tire, and get an off the shelf splash guard, you have do to some trimming. I suggest to just make it flat and avoid leaving part of that can rub on the side painting. Splash guard regularly hit the grarage ramps and speed bumps and they move and rub. happened to me.

for mounting screw, I used those drywall plastic mounting thinges. shove the plastic 'nut' into the predrilled holes, and got a stainless steel screw to mount the splash guard.

Hey Skyhawk. I sent you message, but you probably didn't see it.

When you mentioned getting flaps form Can. Tire, I see the flat ones you used on the front. For the back ones (molded) did you still just use the off the shelf ones from Can. Tire as well. Do you remember what size number ( I think the packages are number like 2, 3, etc...)

I'm also in Regina as well. Thanks

Mug Guards

I just got a set for my 06 from Taiwan as they sell them over there but not here in N.America and they were cheap at approx. $40 CDN. I was lucky as a co-worker was over there so he brought them back for me.

I don't know if they will ship them over here but they are working great already. I was able to use the existing holes that are already in the wheel wells but to secure them nice an tight I did drill 1 small hole deeper in the well.

Do a search for Mazda Taiwan, and at the top menu section there is one Mazda followed by 3 squares. In the drop down menu, you can see a Mazda 5 section, click and see what they offer. Cheap Cheap Cheap as todays exchange rate is $0.0299 per Taiwan $. I have got a couple of things from there already - chrome eyelids, fog-light covers & gas door cover.

hi, I'm just having a little trouble finding the proper link. I google 'Mazda Taiwan' and end up at the www.mazda.com.tw/ site as it is the first two sites returned by google. I see lots of little squares, but I'm having trouble finding the correct link

Forget what I said, I found it now Thanks for the info

Last edited:
hi rscottg, sent you a reply. the can tire mudflaps was supposed to be 'temporary' only. :). well it will be its 3rd winter.
I'm glad I used 'stainless screw' to mount them.

as for the mazda taiwan, is there an english version of the pages?

Last edited:
Not that I am aware of - I just surfed until I found the pages I needed and then sent a message to the folks we work with over there to translate for me.

Latest posts

Back