Speed6 Gauge Pod options

Jay Davidson

Contributor
:
2006 VRM Mazdaspeed6 GT, 1983 RX-7 GSL
Ben, you *****... (thumb)

Seriously, though. Block8head's vent pods are top-notch. Perfect fitment and a great price. I have a Prosport 60mm Peak/Warn Boost mounted in mine, and most people that see it think it's stock.

If you need a mount for a single gauge, this is the way to go. Period.

-Jay

Edit: Why did my post end up at the top if this thread? Weird...

Last edited:
Ok, I have been looking around all over the internet and i cant find any real good options for a boost gauge. I wanna get a gauge that isnt digital, but i need a good place to put it.

I like the CP-E three gauge pod, but its a little to pricey for me. I am kinda wanting to mold in a pod to the air vent by the windshield, but i cant find of that would work.

Any ideas on where to find one or where to put the gauge?

You could remove one of the three center air vents in the console and slide a gauge in there i have a friend who did that and its totally sleeper. I have seen one gauge pod for some strange gauge that was custom fitted for the vent you are talking about but i cant seem to find where it was sorry. if i find it again though ill definatly let you know

Ok, I have been looking around all over the internet and i cant find any real good options for a boost gauge. I wanna get a gauge that isnt digital, but i need a good place to put it.

I like the CP-E three gauge pod, but its a little to pricey for me. I am kinda wanting to mold in a pod to the air vent by the windshield, but i cant find of that would work.

Any ideas on where to find one or where to put the gauge?

Check out this thread....

http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?t=123753844

ya bens boost gauge looks stock and fits PERFECT ive had it for about a year now and i still love it...btw been i might be needing a boost gauge for a speed3

I prefer the custom stealth look.........
boostgaugeinstall15xy0.jpg

Search for a how to on Lotek gauge pod install. Shows you how to take the radio / center console out. As for the single gauge option I had my prosport digital boost gauge sitting right between my tach / speedometer. Nice because you can glance at it as you watch your rpms to shift.

Search for a how to on Lotek gauge pod install. Shows you how to take the radio / center console out. As for the single gauge option I had my prosport digital boost gauge sitting right between my tach / speedometer. Nice because you can glance at it as you watch your rpms to shift.

ill prob end up doing the same since its right in front of me

if you have the block8head pod, the triple guage cpe or lotek and a dashhawk, anything else is ghetto IMO including my own boost gauge sitting on top of the steering colum. you'd be able to monitor 8 different things at the same time. and it all fits with the car, nothing stands out or looks unprofessional.

not sure if anyones mentioned this but, theres a company that makes a 3 pod center piece like cpe.. but for $60.. theyre called lotek i believe?? i havent seen it.. so i cant comment on quality..

i just thought of this.. dont know if its in anyway possible.. but with the tripple gauge cluster were the nav. would be ( i have nav) would there be anyway to put the gauges in that same spot and still be able to have function of the nav. system and just open or close the unit.. may be dumb.. but sounds like a good idea to me when i thought of it lol.

i just thought of this.. dont know if its in anyway possible.. but with the tripple gauge cluster were the nav. would be ( i have nav) would there be anyway to put the gauges in that same spot and still be able to have function of the nav. system and just open or close the unit.. may be dumb.. but sounds like a good idea to me when i thought of it lol.

No unless you do some custom fabrication. If you have Nav vent pods are probably your best option unfortunately.

the lotek piece is ok. just ok. the fitment is not perfect nor is the color. its close, but not perfect.

i ended up painting mine and did a much better job matching the dash. a mixture of matte and flat blacks did the trick.

i have the "oem graining" on mine and wish it were just smooth to match my block8head pod. so you may just find one posted up FS real soon.

here's an idea if anyone wants to buy the gauge bezel from mazda, mold a universal pod into it. i was going to do it but it cost $70-80 i forgot exactly. or better yet a pod molded into the steering column cover. i ideally would like to look at one area and see everything i need (speed, rpms, boost, a/f, ect ect)

i am going to lay some fiberglass on the lotek to attempt to make it fit better and look smoother overall.

Back