Speed3 maybe??

monstersix

:
2006 mazdaspeed 6
Hey guys. I'm lookin to get rid of my speed 6 ive had for a year. Looked at tons of cars. 370z, rx8's, vw gti, titans. All sorts of s***. I'm wondering how the 2010-2011 speed3's are doing. Any ups or downs. Snow traction? Performance compared to the ms6. Anything. I'm ready for a start over. Let mr know what ya think

Mazda hasn't changed anything with the speed 3's since 2010' have they? Assuming they haven't I will say that performance wise the speed3 wins. For one, it's a lot lighter and has a far superior power to weight ratio. Front wheel drive isn’t by any means the best set-up for sporty driving but despite this the speed3 manages to pull it off pretty damn well. Reviewing lap times from various tracks, the speed3 more than holds its own against many RWD and AWD competitors (S2000, RX-8, G37s, 09’ WRX, etc.)
Straight line acceleration wise it depends on rather you’re starting from a dead stop or from a rolling-start (real world test). From a dead stop like at a mile drag strip the speed3 blows due to the extremely short 1-2 gear ratios, inherent high powered FWD traction issues and the fact it takes a whopping 5 shifts to complete the mile. The speed3 is basically the worst type of set-up imaginable for drag racing.
If you want to see the true power / acceleration potential of the car start from a rolling start at around 20mph or more up to 120ish or the top of 5th. To me this type of test makes a lot more since seeing as I don’t stop light race but I do in fact go WOT at speed for practical purposes such as making a pass and or accelerating on to an on ramp, etc. So it’s not the car for the local mile drag strip but works great for the vast majority of practical daily driving scenarios.

In my time I have owned a Camaro, Civic Si, Teg, a Supercharged S2000 and now the 2010 MS3. With the S2000 being the top runner for I need to get another one asap!! It was impracticle. I could fit a case of beer in the trunk and maybe my skateboard. The MS3 has taken the fun of the S2000 and added room and convenience. Yes, 1/4 mile runs are pointless. But I have never been a straight line guy. I live in the corners. And this car takes care of that need. I have driven it down gravel roads that most people would have slid off in an STI. Made it through the snow 20 miles to work watching every other person slam into the barriers or just plain not go forward. I have passed a hundred Hondas going up the mountain cause they just dont have torque. And all the while carrying me, my girl, two dogs, four jack stands a floor jack, full tool box and a complete car care car washing set up. The MS3 is no AUDI S3. Its no Porsche Panamera. But it has gotten just as many compliments as my S2000, and it still makes me smile when I am walking away trying to not look at it after a good wash and wax. Cause I cant. I walk into s*** and still keep my eyes on her.

In my time I have owned a Camaro, Civic Si, Teg, a Supercharged S2000 and now the 2010 MS3. With the S2000 being the top runner for I need to get another one asap!! It was impracticle. I could fit a case of beer in the trunk and maybe my skateboard. The MS3 has taken the fun of the S2000 and added room and convenience. Yes, 1/4 mile runs are pointless. But I have never been a straight line guy. I live in the corners. And this car takes care of that need. I have driven it down gravel roads that most people would have slid off in an STI. Made it through the snow 20 miles to work watching every other person slam into the barriers or just plain not go forward. I have passed a hundred Hondas going up the mountain cause they just dont have torque. And all the while carrying me, my girl, two dogs, four jack stands a floor jack, full tool box and a complete car care car washing set up. The MS3 is no AUDI S3. Its no Porsche Panamera. But it has gotten just as many compliments as my S2000, and it still makes me smile when I am walking away trying to not look at it after a good wash and wax. Cause I cant. I walk into s*** and still keep my eyes on her.

Wow, I can probably take out 3-4 EPIC quotes... nice words man, well said!

And +1 on everything!

Latest posts

Back