Sparkco Wires on MP3

rsx

I was just looking through my old pics, and I forgot to post the pics of Enry's car with the Sparkco Ignition wires installed. For all those who are curious, here they are:

Picture_0248.jpg

Picture_0249.jpg

Picture_0250.jpg

What happened to the black valve cover that came on the MP3? Did yours come with one on the engine or did you take it off?

P5blk_stal (blackp5)

P5blk_stal said:
What happened to the black valve cover that came on the MP3? Did yours come with one on the engine or did you take it off?

P5blk_stal (blackp5)

They took it off so you could see pics of the wires.
:rolleyes:

Blu, get a dyno done, put the wires on RIGHT THERE, and re-dyno. :)

It appears from the photo that there are only two wires included in the set. What about the two other cylinders? Are the Sparkco wires power balance out the current to all cylinders? Would that provide effeciency to just two cylinders or all? Just curious...BTW, does anybody know where I can get an MP3 black valve cover for my P5? Will it fit the P5?

P5blk_stal (blackp5)

Surprise result !!! from Sparkco wires

:p There is more than 15 members who installed our wires on their P5, and they all got surprise. Low end torque increase, better fuel consumption and smooth out entire engine rev. You all might check their forum at ( www.clubprotegequebec.com ) under TUNING section.

Should you have any question, please contact Sparkco Engineering Inc. ( info@sparkco.com ) at any time. The price for all Protege club member is USD$ 39.99 or CAD$ 60.00 + shipping.

Has anyone changed plugs along with them?
would that be recommended?:confused:

i can vouch for the wires, got some on my prot5

smoother engine rev, less "frog jumps", less fuel comsuption (but im filling mine up with super so is it the wires or fuel or both?!)

about the tork i cant really say... with the intake and exaust i might fell it

and last thing, they look really good in red when poping up the hood of my black prot5 (thumb)

(blackp5)

0mega said:
i can vouch for the wires, got some on my prot5

smoother engine rev, less "frog jumps", less fuel comsuption (but im filling mine up with super so is it the wires or fuel or both?!)

about the tork i cant really say... with the intake and exaust i might fell it

and last thing, they look really good in red when poping up the hood of my black prot5 (thumb)

(blackp5)

So, your saying that it is worth 40 bucks to you, right?

Question: Some from Sparkco mentioned that there is increased torque? It that just hearsay or dyno proven? Does anybody know (I do not want a sales pitch thrown at me based on unproven information or someone else's unsubstantiated opinion)?

P5blk_stal (blackp5)

Last edited:
well i installed my wired last night. my Butt dyno cant tell any difference, (but i never can). but what i can tell from the get go is alot of vibration is gone. I have the front AWR motor mount in, and all the vibration the mount gave me is gone now. its like i never put the mount in. so if you have motor mounts get the wires just cause of that. Sparkco was a great company to deal with. highly recommended.

I put my wires in last night. There is a noticable difference in acceleration, and the shifting. I had my doubts, but this is a great product. Worth the money. The only thing that I don't really care for is the color. I was expecting the wires to be a sunshine yellow color instead it is more if a pea green. If you are going to order yellow, I would suggest a different color.

Hey Sparkco, do you offer trade ins? I want a different color--RED!!!

P5blk_stal (blackp5)

P5blk_stal said:

So, your saying that it is worth 40 bucks to you, right?

Question: Some from Sparkco mentioned that there is increased torque? It that just hearsay or dyno proven? Does anybody know (I do not want a sales pitch thrown at me based on unproven information or someone else's unsubstantiated opinion)?

P5blk_stal (blackp5)
Better plugs and wires "increase" hp and torque by reducing misfires (little misfires that you'd never notice). All cars misfire, most of the time it's a tiny misfire (only off a bit). So by reducing misfires and thus improving fuel use, you are utilizing more of your engine's potential, thus "increasing" hp and torque. It's not adding anything, just improving efficiency.
But yes, it can improve performance.
And remember, more important than size of wire is GOOD INSULATION. you can electrocute someone with a 1mm copper wire (if you were that guy). Proper insulation ensures the spark gets there "in one piece," with no drain, and no interference from outside the spark line. And the faster it gets there (less resistance), the more of it gets there.
In layman's terms.

How tough is the install (I ask because I can only see two of the four and haven't looked myself under the hood yet (car is in garage an hour away))
Also, the other question i had asked earlier, Would replacing/upgrading the plugs help at all? and if so, what would be recommended (although I did see someone say that the MP3 came with Iridiums already, so that may be moot) thanks Fellas.
I just ordered a set.
:) :D

Back