spark plug options

Tommy1005

I'm not sure if there's a thread that covers all the options yet or not, but I noticed a few floating around about people asking for opinions. I figured I would try to compile a list of the different plug options that we have available.

NGK BKR7E (copper)
NGK BKR7EIX-11 (iridium)(1 step colder)
NGK ZFR7F-11
NGK ZFR6F-11
NGK pzfr7g-g
Autolite AP3923 (platinum)(1 step colder)
Autolite APP3923 (double platinum)(1 step colder)
Autolite AR3923 (racing plugs, copper)(1 step colder)
Autolite AP, APP, and AR3924 (stock heat range)
Denso IK22 (1 step colder)
Denso IK20 (stock heat range)
Bosch 4230 (platinum)(stock heat range)
Bosch 4310 (platinum +2)(stock heat range)
Bosch 4418 (platinum +4)(stock heat range)
Bosch 7562 (copper)(stock heat range)

link to spark plug information:
http://www.ngksparkplugs.com/techin...1000&country=US

link w/ more information courtesy of msp #267:
http://www.dansmc.com/Spark_Plugs/Spark_Plugs_catalog.html

These were all I could think of, if you have more to add, please post them and I will add them to the list. Mods if you could make it a sticky or something, or add it to the MSP upgrade chart I would appreciate it.

Tommy

Last edited:
yes, please, this is exactly what I am looking for...

can u add in NGK ZFR7F-11 / NGK pzfr7g-g too?

and what kind of mods will affect the plugs decision? like if u are going to up boost etc...

yea i have been wondering about plugs for awhile now...never really understood the theory behind better spark plugs....i mean, they all do the same thing so how can one REALLY be that much better than another. But my friend told me otherwise and said i should get some. Right now i am stock, but will prolly mod lightly within the next year...you know, the usual Injen CAI, maybe SMIC, exhaust, hardpipes, mbc/fpr/fcd....so what are the best plugs for me?

I would say either thos ZFR6F-11 or I really like my Autolite AR 3923 copper racing plugs. They seem to last a little longer. I can't attest to that yet, but I was talking to a girl with a big-block drag car and she can get about 10 passes out of them, whereas with the normal plugs she was using she would only get 1 or 2 passes.

i am currently running the ZFR7F's i was going to by the ZFR7F-11's but thats too much of a gap to bring em down to .028 which is what i run, i noticed that the ZFR7F-11 when gapped low like that, they didnt look right to me like that so i ordered the ones minus the -11's, they came already pregapped @ .032

Brian MP5T said:
NGK ZFR6F-11 is what i have...

That might explain my burning ultra rich! i'm running the same plugs on an NA setup (dark)

Time to get some BKR5E-11 - stock for a protege. I might even try BKR4E-11 for the extra saucy hotness to the plug. Maybe I won't riek of spicy exhaust fumes anymore

Yea I brought them down to 32 that is what my stock plugs were at, by the way I didn't know that our stock plugs were NGK

Mine were and it kind of suprised me, I got my car new and that was the first time I changed the spark plugs out and I have like 25000 on my car.

Hmmm.....and which ones are extended reach? We come stock with extended reach plugs...so that's what I plan to upgrade to.

so whats the best replacement for the stock plugs if one is just running stock boost?

How about on a heavily modded car im running the bkr7e copper plugs they lkast about 5000 miles for me. Im going to change back to my stock plugs. Mods listed below.

help

Help me please, I'm going to get spark plugs and have the dealer instal them (cause I don't want to take it up the ... with dealer prices)

im getting either
Denso IK22 (1 step colder)
Denso IK20 (stock heat range)

just so you know, I know NOTHING, so these may be very dumb ?s

my questions... how many do I need?

can I buy them at a parts store or do they have to be ordered?

do I need them gapped? and what is the gap on them? .32?

and since my car is stock boost will the one step colder plugs do anything for my car? or should I go with the stock heat range? would the colder plugs have any bad effect?

thanks for any help.

Latest posts

Back