Spare tire

My 2 experiences changing the flat on the highway is the opposite. Id spend as less time as possible on the road side changing tires. The vehicle is not stable with the factory scissor jack on the soft or gravel shoulder. You can feel the car lifted is shaking whenever a car is passing by, especially the 18-wheeler. Luckily most of time we get flat on the rear. And on 2.5T you just have to spend more time on the dangerous road side shoulder changing tire twice if the front is the subject of problem.

How many times weve seen on the news that people got hit and killed on the highway when theyre changing tires or having car trouble on the road side?
My friend was killed 2 years ago changing a flat tire on his bicycle a good 15 ft+ off the fwy- driver never came back-
---yeah -- watch out - Like yrewi52 said - its rare , but if you see a TPMS light get off the freeway and find a safe place to do a full inspection and potential tire change
-I was in LA last week - nobody slows down , and frankly I thought about a flat -- decided that if I had to , I would destroy a rim to get off at an exit --- but thats whole other can of worms

Back