Some Pics of Magden Gauges

uh oh that just made them officially uncool...

haha no im kidding, I want it so bad.

Gotta give huge props to the people with this setup!! I really wanted to do the caradvanced screen with magden gauges but couldn't justify the cost as of yet.

Dashhawk will have to do, but I definitely want that screen still!!!

dam man that is ******* sick, that is probally the sickest and cleanest gauge setup up i have ever seen, would love to see if i can mock something up to get this in the MSP haha.

dam man that is ******* sick, that is probally the sickest and cleanest gauge setup up i have ever seen, would love to see if i can mock something up to get this in the MSP haha.

i don't think you can hook up to the msp's obdII to get the output to run these gauges

Can anyone chime in as to whether or not this device has video inputs for the magden gagues?

http://www.caradvanced.com/products/Mazda3-Screen-with-Touch-screen,-GPS-Multimedia,-etc.html#

Has anyone used this device? How is it with iPod control/steering wheel controls/NAV/etc.?

Edit: Nevermind. I see how it would work. I watched the video and it shows that the AUX input is either AUX or iPod depending on what's hooked up. I wonder if you can use the iPod with the Magden Gauges at the same time.

I love these units, but I have so many questions about them. I would want the bluetooth to be able to receive incoming calls on my phone while using NAV or listening to music. I would want the steering wheel controls to "just work" magically without having to program them like I had to with my Pioneer.

Last edited:
There are different versions of OBDII. The latest uses a standard called "CAN bus" which is what the Magden hooks up to. Older cars, even with OBDII specified don't work. The Magden web site has lots of information, a forum, and a way to ask this kind of questions, as well as video compatibility questions.

This thing is soooo cool.

I have a GT with no NAV option, and would love to have this setup. I'm still on the fence when it comes to guages, but even though this is the most expensive option I think it's at the top of my list...

Someone from the forum had pm'd me wanting some advice about a carputer versus a Magden M1, so I asked Magden about it & this was the reply.

"The quick answer is that the M.1b is the base platform for many things to come. We are working on integrating MP3 players, GPS units, and other useful applications. We are also working on some white papers about the software and platform so we can encourage third party developers to create their own applications. The Magden platform is all about integrating, not locking you into one specific thing. We understand the nature of customizing vehicles, so why not put out something that will let you keep customizing."

leadfoot, did you have to buy that dash part for the navi then? or did your sport come with that?

I don't mean to ask a stupid question, but if I wanted to install this into an 04 Mazda3 with factory nav, is the hardwiring absolutely necessary or can it be as simple as pluging in the harnesses and just tucking wires?

I don't mean to ask a stupid question, but if I wanted to install this into an 04 Mazda3 with factory nav, is the hardwiring absolutely necessary or can it be as simple as pluging in the harnesses and just tucking wires?
You will have to tap into the video for the nav to use this, there is no away around that. You need to add a switching box to connect to the nav screen, it switches between the stock and gauge video, and reformats the video signal to match the navigation screen inputs. The rest can be simply plugged in, but I find having the wires and OBD plug and power connection to the lighter socket rather "unesthetic".

got a question idk if it has been asked already or not but if your ms3 did come with a nav where can you get one for a good price???

Back