Some LOW Doors!!

Has anyone else scrapped the very bottom of their doors on a curb yet, besides me?

Getting into drivers seat last night after taking puppy to vet. so pissed. Damage is very minor and cannot be seen. But I know it's there. Really thought the wife was gonna be the 1st to mess up the car first....lol

my car is lowered, and ive only had that issue once... where you were parked must have been at an angle against the curb...

was in Queens. Curbs aren't 2 ft. but they are def more than 1 ft at this particular spot. PLUS there was a tree plot also. Anyone else from NY will back me up that the curbs aren't that low. Think the roots also might have been pushing up through the sidewalk slab. curb to sidewalk wasn't flush.

Either way, I'm a big idiot.

I had to be careful in my protege that was lowered 2", but you drive an SUV! (crossover?)

My friend ripped my door handle off from the inside of my protege because it was stuck in some rocks by the curb

Spankyzbt13, THANK YOU!!!!!!!!
Someone else that notices what is so obvious, I can't believe this is the first time I've seen this posted - everyone else must live in areas where curbs do not exist - come on people!!!!
We just got our Black/Sand GT last Saturday out here in NJ and have to be 'very' careful anytime we're in town/stores/restaurants parking.
These doors are VERY low - I was telling my wife I can't believe this is a crossover SUV and we're having to watch every move getting in and out of the car. I think the added issue is the fact that these doors are not only 'low', but they're also very 'long'.
Mazda should figure this one out for sure!!!!!!!! My Highlander does not have 'any' issue around this.

As a matter of fact, the height of this cx-9 save me from scratching big time the front bumper, !!!!! Riding in a passenger car, well, would have been quite a mess....

Thank God I was in the CX-9. (2thumbs)

was in Queens. Curbs aren't 2 ft. but they are def more than 1 ft at this particular spot. PLUS there was a tree plot also. Anyone else from NY will back me up that the curbs aren't that low. Think the roots also might have been pushing up through the sidewalk slab. curb to sidewalk wasn't flush.

Either way, I'm a big idiot.

I'm from queens, with my lowered MSP I've had friends and my girlfriend scrape my door, hell i even did it to myself. And the sound it makes makes me cringe.

I'm not dropping my civic so i think i don't have anything to worry about

YellowMSP - I can't believe the guys that lower their civics/buru's/acuras/etc...

Our other car is a Acura RSX, not lowered and I still scrap on these horrible roads....

Thank you all for the support! lol. Finally put in the new 'all weather' car mats yesterday. There is NO way to get after market mats for this truck. With the sunken seat rails. I like the orig mats more, but after a day at the beach, so glad we had the all weathers in to capture 'most' of the sand.

YellowMSP - I can't believe the guys that lower their civics/buru's/acuras/etc...

Our other car is a Acura RSX, not lowered and I still scrap on these horrible roads....

Thank you all for the support! lol. Finally put in the new 'all weather' car mats yesterday. There is NO way to get after market mats for this truck. With the sunken seat rails. I like the orig mats more, but after a day at the beach, so glad we had the all weathers in to capture 'most' of the sand.

yeah i'm not lowering this car one bit, my integra was lowered and i scraped everywhere, i was gonna lower my RSX when i had it but i crashed it before i can do anything.

Yes, the CX-9 has lower doors than many SUV's. People have complained that that SUV's often have several inches of exterior between the bottom of the door and the bottom of the vehicle. In bad weather, this results in a lot of dirty pant legs and dirty long skirts/dresses when they drag across the muddy exterior of the vehicle. Mazda promoted that the lower door bottoms result in less likelihood of muddy clothes. Having owned four different brands of SUV's, I find it to be quite true.

Totally agree- we just had a foot of snow- and all the salt & muck that goes with it. The lower door feature that Mazda designed to prevent it all from getting on your clothes worked perfectly. Can't say the same for alot of others I see at work with the "salt" marks on dark pants, lol

agreed. Once you learn not to park next to abnormally high curbs, it's a nice feature. That extra seal keeps everything clean, and probably helps with noise.

Back